JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
We have upgraded VBulletin and this time, it looks like the attachments were imported properly!
DownloadII has been upgraded and seems to be working.

Previously mentioned here (https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/showthread.php?14382-Site-down-on-Thurday-1-16-20) this version of VB4 will stop working in a couple of weeks on this server, PHP 5.6 is being removed and VBulletin4 will not run anymore.
We would lose the downloads if we upgrade to VB5 so I'm looking at importing the VB stuff into XenForo, I'm pretty confident that the forums will import properly but am worried about the downloads because it would require a couple of different versions of XenForo to be installed and a older DownloadsII importer to be run.

User Registrations have been disabled temporarily, many user registrations in the past have not received the confirmation email that requires the User to click on a link to activate their account, these were returned because they were automatically blocked by the receiver as spam, many other types of email from the site have also been blocked, like topic reply notifications.

:awaken::pinball:

So far, so good, huh?

Currently Active Users

There are currently 105 users online. 3 members and 102 guests

Most users ever online was 4,607, 01-15-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Good to see others are able to login, and wow... that's a hell of a lot of views from just one week ago. Hard to believe that would be due to the update I posted on VPF, or what.

Bot traffic seems to grow ever higher though, so there's that.

First test post in XenForo 2, we went from VBulletin 4 to XenForo 2 in a bunch of steps and still have the attachments working, I'm still working to set stuff up but let me know about about problems.

The new Downloads section is now Resources at the top, almost 4000 files were imported but the latest uploads (May 2019) were not imported, I tried importing 2 times, the first was a tilted and 0 files were imported. The 2nd time files were actually there but crashed at over 98% progress, I decided to try just upgrading XenForo 1.5 ti 2.x and later manually import the missing files, might be working.

Amazingly, this site is running PHP version 5.6, our old VB version will fail in about a week with a forced php upgrade, this XF version can be upgraded so the manual add of the missing dl's from the old site to the new should be easier now.

New User Registrations are Disabled for now
Damned old smilies are misbehaving!

Very cool - and hats off to you guys, not giving up completely on this site.

Phew...thought you were gone.

Glad to see the site back up, Thanks jon

Hell of a job. 2 versions of VB, and now 2 versions of the new software in about a week. There is no way this site should be lost, this is vp history and that is the most important thing. 18 years of memory's run here.

Looking good tnx!

The site is still going through upgrades, all of the downloads that didn't get imported from Vbulletin have been added back!
Currently, most of the files currently have a 4 or 5 digit prefix followed by a - that should be removed before saving, ie: the roms won't work with 77877-hothand.zip, rename it to hothand.zip. Hope to get this fixed.

User Registration was again enabled last week, we had a problem with automatic blocking by some ISP's of email from the old email address from Pinball Nirvana so some didn't receive a email link to activate their user accounts. I was informed that most of these errors (we don't send spam) have been fixed. These folks should now try to login with their User Name and contact us if you have problems.

Many of the excellent embedded Youtube videos (direct links still work) from the PHPBB, PostNuke and Vbulletin versions have been restored in the forums, there were a lot of format changes over the software and years with some duplicates but some of these go back to 2009!

Corralled a few of the damned old smilies back!
:welcome1::pint::guitar::clap::rockon::wave::special::appl::awaken::trippy:

Don't Tilt!
:pinball:

Last edited:
Time for another update, we have upgraded to PHP 7.4, A Media Gallery has been added, the old Vbulletin Albums were imported, registered users should be able to embed or upload videos or add pictures into your own Album or here:
The old Downloads section has been imported into Resources, now has bigger icons with screenshots and thumbs, I suggest that you remove the prefix before downloading a file, the roms won't work with 77877-hothand.zip, rename it to hothand.zip. Hope to get this fixed.
Newsfeeds have been revamped, different forums for news, Pinball News and added This Week in Pinball, suggest some feeds!:

Some other things that are new, registered users should visit their profile, there are a lot of different options now.

The new email options appear to be working, see previous post, we might mass email all users that registered but never received a confirmation email, kindly contact us if you had problems , it will help us troubleshoot, most of this problem was with the receivers email host or ISP, (you probably would not know this has happened) or client spam filtering , we never send spam and should be whitelisted.

How did I unfurl those url links, you ask? You currently need to toggle the bbcode options to off and paste the link on a new line in your post.
On a new line, paste a new link, don't insert:
Code:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/
You can refer to a user in a post with @:
Code:
@username
Selected and added smilies that I thought were used in our VBulletin version, visit the Help link at the bottom of any page for this link:

There have been many other changes to Pinball Nirvana in the last month, let us know about any problems, we have many visitors from all over the world, will be working on basic translations to French, Italian, Spanish, German and hopefully Portuguese.

Last edited:
Our first XenForo 2.x software update happened today, the Forums, Resources (Downloads) and Media have been upgraded, let us know if you have tilts!

Forum thread prefixes have been added to the Maintenance & Repair forums, Users can select Pinball Manufacturers and Other prefixes to add or search for. I last updated the status on 2/25 and today is 3/25, what's the deal, you ask? It's a accident, a shitload has changed since then and more stuff is planned.
:cheers:

Still alive & kicking too!
Thank you for existing.
Hello, sir,
haven't seen you around for awhile(!)

The site has been undergoing some significant upgrades the past few months, as you can read about above. I'm also trying to make sure we have all the best, classic tables and resources preserved.

If you feel like looking through the resources, feel free. Maybe there are some classics or valuable stuff you remember that we don't have online at the moment.

EDIT: this line of conversation has been split out here:
Tracking down Sphere's, Shiva's, Emkaah's, Ale's tables, and others

Last edited:
Hell of a job. 2 versions of VB, and now 2 versions of the new software in about a week. There is no way this site should be lost, this is vp history and that is the most important thing. 18 years of memory's run here.
Very Happy to see you are still around! Your tables still have this inimitable "feel"

The site is still going through upgrades, all of the downloads that didn't get imported from Vbulletin have been added back!
Currently, most of the files currently have a 4 or 5 digit prefix followed by a - that should be removed before saving, ie: the roms won't work with 77877-hothand.zip, rename it to hothand.zip. Hope to get this fixed.

User Registration was again enabled last week, we had a problem with automatic blocking by some ISP's of email from the old email address from Pinball Nirvana so some didn't receive a email link to activate their user accounts. I was informed that most of these errors (we don't send spam) have been fixed. These folks should now try to login with their User Name and contact us if you have problems.

Many of the excellent embedded Youtube videos (direct links still work) from the PHPBB, PostNuke and Vbulletin versions have been restored in the forums, there were a lot of format changes over the software and years with some duplicates but some of these go back to 2009!

Corralled a few of the damned old smilies back!
:welcome1::pint::guitar::clap::rockon::wave::special::appl::awaken::trippy:

Don't Tilt!

:yourock: :fruitdance: :bigdance: :appl: :appl: :appl: :iagree::iagree::iagree::respect::respect::respect::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:

Welcome back @1234fd
:welcome2:
The site is still being updated since we changed the software, hard to keep track of the changes.
We need to thank @Ike Savage for everything he's doing, making the site better!
:cheers:

Some major changes were made today:

Forum software was upgraded to 2.1.9
Spanish, Espanol (Latin American) menu translations were added for the Forums and the Resource Manager (Downloads), updated this thread:

Let us know if you encounter any problems.

Last edited:
Still a lot is being accomplished, major changes made today:

Forum software was upgraded today to 2.1.10 Patch 2
The Shoutbox was upgraded to 1.5.5

Please report any problems that you encounter.

Our first XenForo major software update happened a little while ago (2.2.2), kick the tires and let me know if stuff is tilted!

The 2 core add-ons of the Resource Manager (Downloads) and the Media Gallery have been upgraded. All other visible add-ons have been updated, includes the ShoutBox and the Chat programs.

There were a lot of changes that were made, still discovering stuff, let us know if something Tilts!
Appreciate any reports: Site Suggestions, Feedback or
Site Problems

Last edited:
The site was upgraded today to XF version 2.2.3 Patch1.
There were a lot of changes......
I'm still doing some testing to make sure stuff is working ok, this will take some time, especially for all of the Add-Ons.

As always, kindly report any problems that you encounter in this thread or Site Suggestions, Feedback or
Site Problems.
:shark:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

The site was upgraded today and I'm currently testing, the major add-ons were also included in this process.

XF version 2.2.4 installed
Resource Manager 2.2.2 installed
Media Gallery 2.2.2 installed

As always, kindly report any problems that you encounter in this thread or Site Suggestions, Feedback or
Site Problems.

animated-saint-patrick-image-0102.gif
Happy-Saint-Patricks-Day-.png

:guiness:

Last edited:
Thank you Jon! Much appreciated!

Jon,

Is there any way to get rid of the FLASHING chat box at the bottom of the screen? It just flashes and flashes until I click it. Then if I go to another page I have to do the same thing. The more it stays up at the bottom of the screen then more sounds I also get. Is this normal?

Just venting here but to see that flashing while I'm typing makes me not want to respond or post to anything and gives me a complete headache.

I await your response and thank you for everything you do but this is just a minor annoyance I guess.

The site was upgraded today and I'm currently testing stuff, all add-ons need to be checked as well as the main forum.
The Captcha method was automatically changed in this newer version.
XF version 2.2.5 installed

After testing, another major change will be prepared for.

Let me know if you find any problems so they can be squashed...:sumo:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Itchigo has started a new thread called "Sounds library" in Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME...
      Back