GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
Guys,

I have noticed that Slamt1lt has posted new versions of "Back To The Future ULTIMATE Pro 1.02" and "Aliens Legacy ULTIMATE Pro 1.02". You might want to get them now because he sometimes takes them down rather quickly to further modify them. This is his web site:

George

You might want to get them now because he sometimes takes them down rather quickly to further modify them.
Yeah, I'm in a bit of a quandary here due to just that.

I was about to post a resource entry for "Star Wars DSA" tonight, but notice that Slam has an upcoming update for a new 1.06 version, and has removed his entry for 1.05.

...Except for way down at the bottom of the page, where he still has a Mediafire download link for the 1.05 version.

So now I don't know whether to post a download link to his page, which is kind of pointless at the moment, or link to the Mediafire download... which isn't great either, because it leaves out Slam's site and useful info...

Hmm...

Another issue-- since I can't run high-end BAM tables at the moment, I'm unable to generate screenshots for Slam's tables that I'd like to post in resources.

I do see screenshots for older versions here and there around the web, but it seems to me the point here is to post actual screenshots of these "Ultimate Pro" versions.

Again... *hmm*

I think Slam must have forgotten to remove the link to the 1.05 version of Star Wars that is currently on his web site.

The only screenshots of Slam's tables I have seen on his web site are of the cabinet on the "Games" option.

I can make screenshots of his tables. Just let me know which ones you want.

I can make screenshots of his tables. Just let me know which ones you want.
Thanks, George. Take a look at the screenies here and see if you think they need updating. They're from an older version, but I'm not sure how dramatic the difference is between these and the "Ultimate Pro" version:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/back-to-the-future-data-east-1990.5641/

I think Slam must have forgotten to remove the link to the 1.05 version of Star Wars that is currently on his web site.
Okay, I'll have to see what he thinks about offering that as a download or not, but if you do want to make screenies for SW DSA 1.05, that could help out.

Aliens Legacy ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 is up...

Earthdate 20th June 2020

Now let me tell you something: some of you will have kids, and your whole life changes when you take on the responsibility of being a parent. When you get to 'Newt Rescue' in this game, call the elevator and then wait for it to arrive, I guarantee every hair on the back of your neck will be standing on end. The tension of the aliens closing in on your position, and the responsibilty you have for protecting that young life....man, you won't 'feel' anything like this in any other pinball game.

I feel it, and I don't have any kids!

** Aliens Legacy ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 **

- improved ball ejecting to upper playfield
- added pop up posts to upper playfield to guide ball into lit holes
- fixed armoury 'auto-fire' light turning on when character is not Hicks
- added quotes from Ian Holm's 'Ash' character
- improved some sound fx
- Rule Change: Using Vasquez's grenade during 'Ambush' will now only kill 15 aliens, not instantly complete the mode
- fixed balls per game appearing on DMD during name entry
- adjusted some timers

- added more general quotes
- fixed ball moving through flipper bug when banking ball (optional) *

* GeorgeH has fixed the ball-through-the-flipper bug which occurs when the ball is banked for a short period of time. But it does remove most of the bounce from the flipper rubber, so I've left it optional. By default the fix will be inactive but you can change the code in the script to activate it.

@DuMichAuch72

Thanks for posting this. It would have taken me longer to discover this.

I don't think Slam entirely understood my e-mail about the bounce. You have to change some values in the XML to fix the issue where the ball sinks through the flippers. I sent him another e-mail with more explanation.

@GeorgeH,
Any response on the two things I mentioned...?

I don't think BTTF changed much visually so the screen shots are Ok.

I would hold off on posting SW.

Update:

- Back To The Future ULTIMATE Pro 1.03
- Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.06

Earthdate 28th June 2020

** Back To The Future ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 **

- fixed bonus multiplier crash bug when maxed out
- fixed ball not launching for some users when ball in plunger lane
- fixed Train Ride mode not starting when ready after Mad Dog mode ends
- changed qualifying requirements for Biff's Cash Dash

- improved randomness of time zone start when classic mode turned off

For users having an issue launching the ball, I haven't fixed the problem because there isn't a problem that I can find, so I've added a bypass - the ball will launch but without the Skill Shot feature (or flying Delorean toys).

** Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.06 **

- added more Darth Vader quotes
- added fx to lightsabers when they turn on during bonus
- improved some timers
- fixed rare crash bug
- fixed some quotes overlapping or not playing
- increased some score values

- lowered default highscore values so highest score sequence can play

I'm hoping this will be the end of the updates for both games (for now), but if you do find any bugs, please let me know.

Wow, he works fast...!

So... Star Wars DSA is the last of the 'three pillars' tables of Slam's that Gimli recommended we add here.

As with BTTF, I'm confused about where to try to draw screenshots from. I can't generate them on my own machine (limitation here in running high-end BAM content), but I could try to use older shots, I guess. Or maybe one of @TerryRed's videos?

@GeorgeH,
If you still feel like generating some screenshots for me, I'd be much obliged.

Just press Print Screen while playing. Then goto your BAM folder and you should the screenshots snapped from BAM there.

Just press Print Screen while playing. Then goto your BAM folder and you should the screenshots snapped from BAM there.
The problem is that I can't play. My current setup can't seem to handle high-end BAM content.

Does it crash FP?
In my experience, even at slideshow speeds if a game loads you should be able to take a screenshot. This is not just for FP by the way.

I was able until recently to load tables on an intel hd4600 iGPU (this is from 2013) so I'm thinking might have a problem somewhere.

see attached

EDIT: Got 'em, thank you! The screenies were pretty huge, so I reduced them for the resource entry, then deleted them to free up space in our attachments pool. --Ike

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it crash FP?
In my experience, even at slideshow speeds if a game loads you should be able to take a screenshot. This is not just for FP by the way.

I was able until recently to load tables on an intel hd4600 iGPU (this is from 2013) so I'm thinking might have a problem somewhere.
Yeah, pretty much all the modern, intricate BAM tables crash for me.

I only have 4gb RAM installed right now, which is pretty silly even just for an average user. Need to order more.

FP needs a good graphics card but an average CPU will work. My PC has a CPU that is 8 years old and it performs well enough. The graphics card in it failed a couple of months ago so I replace it with one that is 2 generations newer than the old one. The improvement in performance with it on FP is incredible.

FP needs a good graphics card but an average CPU will work. My PC has a CPU that is 8 years old and it performs well enough. The graphics card in it failed a couple of months ago so I replace it with one that is 2 generations newer than the old one. The improvement in performance with it on FP is incredible.
Good to know, thank you. If the RAM upgrade doesn't work, I guess that should be my next try.

What kinda PO's me here (even speaking as a guy who used to service / design PC's long ago) is that the upgrade process can be downright neverending. Like, before you know it, your little plan to upgrade the CPU or memory or graphic card, etc will now require a new mother, and you (mostly) have to start all over again.

Bah.

I just got a ryzen3 3200g, 2x8Bb @ 3200MHz hyperx fury and an asus mobo for it. Just sure to buy a mobo with the b450 chipset in it. 250€ or so and I can play well above 60fps needed with No GPU :)

Actually, I just test maximum and enable a few other things and still hit 120fps with room to spare.

If it's just for FP, I think this is a bargain. If you want VR though (which i miss for now, then the bare minimum is a gtx1050ti. Trust me, it works :)

/edit1
Some issue and i'm locked at 30FPS after trying Aliens ultimate Pro. Guess it's the old amd drivers problem?! Figured that I now have to limit FPS in drivers and disable vsync in FP. better get that gpu to make sure. I spoke too soon :(

Last edited:
@AnonTet

Getting 120fps tells me you do not have "Vertical Sync" checked. If you start experiencing problems with weird sounds or other odd ball issues, you should check "Vertical Sync". If you are not having any problems, then having it unchecked is OK.

@Ike Savage

I am in the same boat as you. When I upgraded my graphics card, I asked about upgrading other things. I was told it would require replacing the motherboard to do it and may as well get a new PC. ...But it plays FP well now so I am happy.

I didn't express myself right. I did it for the test of performance. I do have vsync enabled otherwise.

And why waste power? My monitor can only go to 60Hz anyway.

Can't wait for this one. Will be epic. But i'm very biased towards blade runner :D

Earthdate 6th July 2020

I had a plan to release Blade Runner this weekend but I ran out of time. So I'll put some extra time in during the week to get it out the door.

I posted a quick teaser video of the Police Spinner doing it's thing. That whole animation is a glorified timer for the Super Ramps - the longer the Police Spinner stays out, the longer the Super Ramps remain active.

And if you look closely at that vid, you'll notice that the front light of the Spinner casts light on the playfield as it's moving, a very cool effect thanks to BAM.

The game rules are complete but more media is needed to complete the game, so updates will follow the initial release.

Yeah, pretty much all the modern, intricate BAM tables crash for me.

I only have 4gb RAM installed right now, which is pretty silly even just for an average user. Need to order more.

Nic,

Is your PC 32 or 64 bit? If it is 64, I have an idea that might help.

George

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: jumpyspider is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back