Sleepy's Midnight Cult Films

sleepy

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Titanic Hospital
I thought to dust off that other old thread and put up something to watch.
But the films are all gone and I only have these. A couple of reruns and...
Please note that, if you have seen this playlist elsewhere, well, that was me too:

<center>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</center>

UPDATE: Petaluma, CA has requested a state of emergency from the Johnson administration and is now asking that, in addition to oranges, disposable diapers be sent to all pregnant women between the ages of 10 and 85.

That's a pretty good playlist, sleepy! Looks like The 70s Movie Zone has been removed from Youtube due to copyright infringement. I don't really understand why. Their weirdo mix of ancient films noir and forgotten spaghetti westerns couldn't have been copyrighted. But I did find this little gem. WARNING: Do not watch more than 10 minutes of this movie. It looks incredibly bad. However, you will get to see a few moments of a rare Donald Sutherland performance where he goes 110% Canadian.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

Put the diapers on the kids first, then serve the oranges.....they'll find their way to the diapers soon enough. Sorry, no film at eleven.....

About Donald Sutherland, I was sure you were reaching for "Castle of the Living Dead".
The one where Sutherland plays a witch in drag And a soldier.

Imagine my surprise when I learned of a second gem from his salad days. Back when Artists made movies strictly for the money!

EDIT: I think my Uncle had him kiss a Mannequin once. Not sure...but I did suggest it.
I have never seen this film. So I don't know what to expect.
Is it good?

<center>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
</center>

Last edited:
Oh, some days I mess up...
I apologize in the event that you do not comprehend French. I've since swapped for the English dub.

This is the link for the French language version:

does the rocky horror picture show belong on the list? it had a big cult following at a local theatre.

" At Late Night...Double Feature...Picture Show "

does the rocky horror picture show belong on the list? it had a big cult following at a local theatre.
Rocky Horror defines cult film and always ran at midnight. It started as a live action play. I'm not sure the audience participation was part of original concept. It was big fun to go to the film armed with squirt gun, toilet paper, playing cards, toast to throw and newspaper to cover up with like the actors did in an early scene(It was raining, in the dark, on screen and in the theater, quite an effect). Those where some standard props folks took in. The sayings that developed and yelled at the screen were so loud it took months of Friday night showings to hear and learn the actual songs and dialogue. Those sayings evolved over the years and got funnier and raunchier. The scene in the theaters got rowdier and wilder. Soon the audience was moved back because of damage to the screens. Things got heated when flour was thrown about instead of water in the rain sequence. Some fights broke out when that escalated to paint. Next two cops were in each theater, standing in front of the screen, facing the audience. That killed it and this "Late Night...Science Fiction...Picture Show" faded away.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l3Boz0O1SqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
As i told my better half when I brought home dinner from the store yesterday, "As the audience says in the Rocky Horror Picture Show... 'Oh, no! Meatloaf again?' "
You know, sleepy, I've never seen a whole Fellini film... my fault for being a proudly ignorant Amurrikan film fan. I watched a good part of La Strada with a friend of mine, but I've got an "Anthony Quinn" problem. I don't think there was any scenery made that was safe from him chewing it right to pieces. Although that tendency worked pretty well for him in Lawrence of Arabia. Hey! I do like foreign films! David Lean was a Limey, and I've seen a lot of his movies! Separate Tables, Lawrence, Dr. ZhivagoZzzzzz... :sleep:

Just to show you the differences in geography, Coily... no one ever brought props to RH showings in Kansas in the early '80s. I'm not sure if it was a theatre rule or if they just... didn't do it. There wasn't a sign telling people not to or anything. They weren't even much for dressing up. But we really nailed shouting at the screen!

Last edited:
There's a great game available for the dippy-daps you tippy-tap on called Quizup... live trivia matches covering a verrry wide range of topics... and I'm doing pretty good at the "cult movie" quiz. You should give it a shot, Arne. At the very least, it's a great way to feel good about yourself, because the Millennials really seem to suck at trivia.

https://www.quizup.com/

It's a drag. My keyboard just quit. I ave to trule, copy-pate from Notepa ut to prevent 17 copie of Firefo from openin on teir own.

o if I appear to vani for a ay or two, ten you know I'll be off to te tore.

Wow, Tim Curry! That's surprising. He had a pretty bad stroke a couple years ago. I thought the poor fellow was done for. Seems you're having troubles communicating as well, sleepy! Not to worry, I understand everything you wrote... you're off to get a blowjob. Safe journeys, my friend!
I think I'll skip the Rocky live broadcast and that's because RH the movie (or play) kinda sucks. Now RH the live audience experience, like Coily described, is fun as hell. But even with that, it feels like that movie just goes on forever! Then again, I'm not a big fan of musicals. Except Grease. And Goodfellas. Hey, I think that counts as a musical!

I typed this with XP 's on screen accessory KEYBOARD and it's not too FUBAR to use ln a pinch . Wow it is even giving predictive word suggestions across the top of screen and inserting a space when you use one of them.

...as long as the Shift keys (Flipper buttons) are responsive enough :D

It works! Thank you. :)

Whew! For a second there, I thought they were selling tickets for showings on Sunday through Thursday! That would be against nature. Do you think that, in the history of RH midnight showings, anyone's ever gone to see it on a Tuesday night? Just sitting in the theater, all alone, watching the movie and wondering what the big deal everyone's talking about is?

Yeah. I can see a crowd on a Tuesday midnight. I once took a drive though West Hollywood on a Sunday night. I took a back street like Toby Dammit and was confronted by a LGBT block party full of revelers sometime around 12:30 A.M.

Now, the U.C.L.A. community of Westwood which is near W. Hollywood and The Nuart would be less likely to attend. Students have to get up in the morning y'know, and Westwood is empty after Midnight on Sunday. Nothing but trendy lit storefronts of mannequins and nobody around, save the police on patrol guarding those mannequins from harm.

You see. I used to drive the night streets. It was like The Tempest at Midnight.
But I had no insurance, and I was never guilty.

Living dangerously .....

Living dangerously by coincidence. If you go out and you drive around Los Angeles long enough, you will see some stuff going on. Anything else, I don't need the help.
I got family for that.

Yeah, some parts of LA scared the shit outta me when we were there in 2001 and 2003.

And those were probably just the actors. But again, I have family for that.

Here's a bit of trivia. The surname "Casanova" may be construed as Latin for
"New Home". Or literally, as Home New. Casa (home) and Nova (new).

Oh, a mind of useful information there Sleepy :)

I'd expect nothing less ;)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: studiosix is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back