Slingshots

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
So, I am sure I'm imagining things now, but just in case it is not going mental :D I'd like to ask anyone who has the time, to test on a table (probably best on one you know very well) to test something on the slingshots.

Please edit them to look like the image below and test. If I am NOT imagining things, this will reduce the slingshot action zone hence the sensitivity.

Then again, there are those " = signs" in brown.

It would be awesome for realism because slingshots are way to sensitive in FP as we know. It's worth a (sling)shot :D

1600169182694.png

If you guys haven't noticed. There are new shape points on either side of the main kicker. What it does is shorten the area on the rubber that has kick. When the ball hits the sling above the top shape point or below the lower one, it just bounces with no kick. The area between the 2 shape points has a stronger kick. I think the shape points are too close to the main kicker in the screen shot. I tried positioning the shape points above the 2 metallic strips and it plays better, I think I will experiment with moving the shape points further out. It is an interesting idea. It does appear to fix the endless bounce of the ball that sometimes occurs between the 2 slings.

I don't even use the slingshot hammer for my games. Never liked the angles that the ball comes off or the similar forces of the kick no matter where the ball strikes, so I use custom invisible kickers instead from the zed set.

That's the point Shiva. True I haven't tested much, I just wanted to make sure the change in behavior was possible and not just something on my side, especially with current BAM latest developments.

The major problem for me always was precisely " no matter where the ball strikes " as you put it. By arranging the action zone, the behavior changes quite dramatically. My above picture is an extreme case, obviously.

Zed set works amazingly well regarding kick angles, indeed. Those still tend to activate on the lower part and in real pinball we know a ball bouncing back from the flipper usually doesn't activate the slingshot by running parallel to it. Still minor problem or none at all, with Zed's because of a careful setup is done. Still worth mentioning since we all want the best possible.

I'm not a creator, far from it. But always question "why" especially when I can't find the answer anywhere else but seen more than enough wrong examples! It's the problem of C&P really.

Maybe it can't really be fixed no matter what, though I have to try myself. Only way to really learn :)

Thanks for your input shiva.

I don't even use the slingshot hammer for my games. Never liked the angles that the ball comes off or the similar forces of the kick no matter where the ball strikes, so I use custom invisible kickers instead from the zed set.

I noticed you use 3 emKickers. Is there a reason you don't use the single emKicker used on some Zed tables like Skinnoe used?

Variable force and different angles

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back