AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
Hi,

I wonder if anyone here has a very annoying sound loop/echo/delay and "What's happening" constantly playing in this table.

I've delete the "what's happening" sound from the the manager but it still plays! And my knowledge about this ends here, unfortunately.

This machine seems to use a player/sound class of it's own too that I've never seen in other tables and it might be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I'm trying to get @SLAMT1LT set up with his original acct here (there was an email issue), so maybe he could help in future. I guess Polygame is also an author.

Interestingly, looks like Larsboy was also an author. The table was apparently released in late 2013, but I remember Larsboy from way back in the VP scene, maybe 10 years earlier, when he did some really cool VP work. Ten years is a long time on the internet(!)

Sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful, but hopefully others may chime in...

Well, I hope you can sort his account and that he lurks around here after that. This version is old but the more recent I believe but still might require a lot of work.

And I doubt that Slamt1lt or anyone else pick it up just for this. They'd probably revamp the whole thing meaning even more work.

Thanks.

Yeah, Slam said he's up for a place with good discussion, and the FP discussion here has been excellent the past few months IMO. I expect we'll see more of him in future.

But I'm thinking reliable @GeorgeH or @polygame might have some ideas on this one.

If the sound problem alone can be solved I'd be happy assuming it wouldn't take long and there is in fact, a problem.

I wonder if anyone here has a very annoying sound loop/echo/delay and "What's happening" constantly playing in this table.

I think the idea is to play sounds like what you would hear in the background of an arcade. ...But you can delete "ArcadeBG" from the music manager to remove it.

I sent Slam an email about something else and invited him to join PN. He said he would but I guess he is preoccupied with figuring out how to fix the issue with the ball sinking through the flippers.

I sent Slam an email about something else and invited him to join PN. He said he would but I guess he is preoccupied with figuring out how to fix the issue with the ball sinking through the flippers.
I've PM'd with him a couple times this past week. Like I said above, he sounded rather enthusiastic about joining us.

Seems he forgot the original email / PW for his @SLAMT1LT acct, and so created a new acct. I happened to notice that, and have been trying to sort out getting him back to his original acct. Similar thing happened with Steve / polygame, recently.

But yeah, maybe his priority has also been tied up with fixing that issue, as you say.

I think the idea is to play sounds like what you would hear in the background of an arcade. ...But you can delete "ArcadeBG" from the music manager to remove it.

I did took it away too. Immersive as it may be, I rather play with just the pinball sounds. Not this. In this table you can have up to 5 sounds in an array simultaneously and the speed that they play is dynamic between 50 and 200 (half double and everything in between). But as soon as I launch the ball the sounds say in a loop then fade then come back. it's a low-res cacophony.

Well we know how to fix this and I'm still of the opinion that the offsets are useful but for very fine adjustments. I've been wrong before though and if this didn't happen before then maybe some regression in Ravarcade's code at some point. But I digress and I don't have older bam versions to test.

Sorry for double post but it's for the solution/workaround not to be lost.

to put it bluntly, I was mislead. Whenever I see the Ultimate edition of a table I tend to use it. It seems there's a 1.07 version where this doesn't happen so... for now, i'll use that since it seems to play the same and no sound problem.

On to try to update the physics. Thank you guys.

One more question, if I can make and older table playable - physics wise only - is it ok if I post it here for someone to test? I didn't read anything about it but there might be rules about it even if not written.

I would really appreciate the feedback since it's the only way to know if I'm going in the right direction.

/edit1
Well the more I played the more I realized 1.07 has a problem with the face rotation so it's back to square one. Guess I need to learn table editing and improve my coding skills as well. Or wait for someone to upgrade it to v2.0 as the real one did :D

/edit2
Found the problem in the code. The key to test the Billionaire shot (Q) happens to be mapped to my right flipper...

Thank you guys.

Last edited:
One more question, if I can make and older table playable - physics wise only - is it ok if I post it here for someone to test?
I'd say it's fine to add it in a thread as an attachment.

Later, after you finish up your final improvements, and before you upload it to resources, it would be good to contact the original authors.

If you don't hear back from them after 30 days, it's okay to upload the table officially.

I looked at the script of TBOP. It says "Free to use as long as you include the above credits". Slamt1lt has given a blanket OK to mod his tables. ..So you only need to give the guys credit that are listed at the beginning of the script and you are good to go.

Slam gives a unique name to each series of tables. These are most of them I think:

ULTIMATE PRO
ULTIMATE
VIP
GOLD
ULTRA

When he starts a new series, he numbers the versions starting at 1.01. So you might see an ULTIMATE 1.05 and then an ULTIMATE PRO 1.01 of the same table and the ULTIMATE PRO 1.01 would be the most current.

@AnonTet

While you are working on BOP, I made a few changes to my copy of the table that you might want to try. You can use or ignore what you want:

There are two playfield textures but only one is used. The default is "bopplayfield2" but I switched to "bopplayfield". "bopplayfield" is a version of the playfield that has no highlighting. If you decide to use it, you may want to convert it from a BMP to a JPG to save memory. Personally, I prefer to add my own lighting than to use the fake stuff painted on the playfield texture.

I changed the playfield color from RGB 176, 163, 138 to RGB 170, 170, 170. This removes the brown tint from the playfield that I think doesn't look right.

This table sets the initial high scores in the script. I personally don't like that. You can delete the whole subroutine starting at "Public Sub DefaultScores()" down to "End Sub".

I never created custom physics for it but used Physics 2.5 instead. You might use it as a starting point.

@GeorgeH
To make myself clear. My work in FP on the tables I have here, is only on the physics side. I have 0 skills in modeling or graphics and associated software. As I have a bit of background in coding physics are "easiest" part for me.

I have my "base template" that I can apply to any table and any newer version will just make it easier. So, yes... PLEASE, where can I get your BoP version? :)

To explain further, please don't look at my attempt as me being arrogant. My goal is to match the real tables without having to resort to what I think are workarounds in the code. I'm looking at this with as a new pair of eyes, so I think it's normal to have different ideas and if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. My own ideas of how it should be are based on real pinball recordings on YT anyway.

I'm not sure I will get it but i'm sharing my template here when I'm confident enough. I have to thank you all and Ravarcade though. It is a brilliant base to work with.

All of us have to start somewhere. I started out creating custom physics. What I did doesn't actually require much time.

Attachments

• `Bride of Pinbot ULTIMATE 1.02.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 90
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back