Sound Problems

Itchigo

Former Operator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All Of Them!!
Can anyone tell me how to turn the sound back on my problem games? I have solenoids and flipper sounds, but no game sound effects, like when you hit something. The volume in the editor is up, but I think I may have to go into the roms and I don't know how to do that. I have tried redownloading the games and the roms to no avail. The games in question are: Scapino's Startrek and Playboy (both were working before and then all of the sudden...), Stern- Nugent Stars and Dracula VP9. Thanks in advance.:pint::dance:

For Dracula after the scoreboard (the DMD) sets up, press the 8 or 9 key and watch the DMD. The volume control slider should appear and adjust.
The 8 key turns down the volume. The 9 key turns it up.

Thanks Sleepy, the use game sounds was not checked also. (I didn't know about the f6 adjustments as well).

Apparently I was missing the 3250 bally sound file in the samples folder, Playboy and Star Trek are now working. Some how the file vanished. Does anyone know where to get the file for Stern sounds? Stars still doesn't work and I think this might be the problem.

try pm'ming either destruk, scapino, or Noah on the other site and ask for them, if they are not in the downloads at the other place, try Irpinball, they may have it also. I've seen them posted somewhere...

Stern uses the same samples now as bally does - perhaps the reason Stars doesn't work for you is because of the table version you're using, or a mistake in the dipswitch menu. I get sounds here, so it's not a VPM problem.

I get mechanical sounds, but only the 10pt slingshots have sound (bells). I have use full melody checked, not use 2 tones. I even redownloaded the game at VPF and still the same thing. I do have the 3250 file in the samples folder and the other games are working now. At least I have it on FP, thanks for the help, guys.

For tables that use samples try Unchecking "Use Sounds" (press F1).

Just tried that after I saw your post. I tried use sound, use samples, both and none. Afterward resetting with F2.

Even if it's an old thread, I searched hours for a solution on dracula but don't found it.

Solution: Start table, press F6, change 'electronic chimes' to 'computer type sounds', [Ok], Press F3 for reset.

Bye

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back