Bally Star Trek (Bally, 1979) playfield fuse constantly blows

GKG-MO

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I have a 1978 Bally Star Trek machine that I got awhile ago and I can't seem to get it working. It started out with a MPU board issue that I was able to fix. The game came on, scored and the flippers worked but none of the coils worked.
After some digging I noticed that one of the transisters on the selenoid driver board was badly burnt so I replaced it and fixed the leads that were burnt.
Now not even the flippers work.
BangHead.gif

Every time I power up the game it blows the playfield fuse. If I check the transisters with my multimeter I'm not showing the .4 to .6 volts I'm told I should see here
http://www.pinrepair.com/bally/index3.htm#driver
Even on the brand new transister I don't get .4 to .6 volts??? I even checked one right out of the package??? I'm useing TIP120 transisters. I'll be the first to admit my knowledge of electronics is limited so my question is, could something major have fried all the transisters at once? Is there another problem somwhere else?
I need some major help here please. I would like to get this thing working so I can sell it. My wife and I just had our first child and the bills are pileing up fast.

Thanks in advance

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back