Looking very nice indeed Kurt. :)

Thanks for starting of it,Kurt.
It really needs some polishing. :thumleft: :pint:

Thanks, all!

I finished the inserts today.

CFTBLWip04.jpg

Kurt

Heres the latest wip...

Some guides, popbumpers and the first of many ramps.

CFTBLWip06.jpg

Kurt

Just ducked in here while its safe.... ;)

Got back to work on the table today. Added the plastic posts, rubbers and the sling plastics.

CFTBLWip07.jpg

Kurt

Creature keeps looking better and better, Kurt!
I really like the images in this thread, they are excellent.

Thanks, Jon!

Here's the next wip. Put the playfield in a cabinet, added the center curly ramp, rails and bowl.

I'll probably tone down the reflections of the backglass.

CFTBLWip08.jpg

Kurt

Added the ball return cover, plunger lane wall, and various pieces.

CFTBLWip09.jpg

Kurt

It'll have to do.

Thanks, all!

Here's another wip. Did the upper habitrail, the 3 signs, the top lane plastics, a few more general plastics and a couple of flashers.

CFTBLWip10.jpg

Kurt

The ballance is outstanding. I have pointed out in the past that it could be better, the light ballance looks perfect now. I don't think anymore that it could be much better.

How did you or do you do those plastic see through ramps? Link would be fine if you have mentioned it. Does the ball really go under them, can you see it?

I have played a Creature late last year, It was fun.

They seem fairly rare.

Thanks, Shockman.

I think I'm getting better at lighting as well. I must spend 50% of my modeling time on it.

The ramps are 3d models I made, and textured them as "transparent". At the moment I'm using a simple transparency to keep the render times low. When I do the final render I'll change the material of the ramps to a true "optical" transparency, with refraction. That will bump the render time for the final images I use up almost 4 times longer.

Yes the ball really goes under the ramps and you can see it. (But I have to use switches to change the ball image so it looks like its under, otherwise the ball looks like it is going in front of the ramps.)

Kurt

What is the render times these days? The last and only time I tried it was on the amiga, a nice one but I think my longest was 16 hours or so and simple previews took hours as well. Simple stuff like clear glasses orbiting pottery and what I thought was harder, painted metal. Imagine, is was, PacDude at least tinkered with it as well. A fine program. I could almost grasp it.

The 800x600 image in my last wip took 35 minutes. When I do the final 2048x1536 it will probably be between 8 and 14 hours. I leave it running overnight. :)

Kurt

I thought it would be quicker these days, but I should have known. It's like games. Systems will never be as good as the next generation of games being conceived, and the rendering will get more realistic, taking as much time.

It is a lot quicker these days. My models are pretty high-poly. Anywhere from 200,000 to 750,000 polys for a whole table. The rendering also is ray-tracing. A table like Creature has almost a hundred lights, all casting shadows ect.

I'm suprised I can get it done as fast as I do.... :)

Kurt

Finally got some time to get back to the table. Started the backglass layout. The playfield pic in the image is not the final, as I am not quite done modeling...almost! Also, for those who hate the overlays, they can be hidden with a menu adjustment.

CFTBLWip11.jpg

Kurt

Interesting. I reread this thread, a lot of people just don't know how much time it actually takes to build a higher-end table. Now I remember why I don't use the 3d render program I have, takes too damn long, unless I have a stack of computers on a grid. :)

Looks nice as usual Kurt, too much detail for a small screenshot though, have to see this one "live" :)

Render's are nice though, but from what I understand from what people tell me, doesn't this "new" VP have transparent ramps among it's new features? Sure would be nice that one at least.

Of course, this would be under the assumption that we will actually see it of course.

scapino said:
Finally got some time to get back to the table. Started the backglass layout. The playfield pic in the image is not the final, as I am not quite done modeling...almost! Also, for those who hate the overlays, they can be hidden with a menu adjustment.

CFTBLWip11.jpg

Kurt
Where are the flippers?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back