Table problems...

Brian835

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Centaur
Greetings all! New to the forum. Some background for you all... I was a pinball tech 20 years ago, so naturally this site is a must :-)

I had these emulators years ago on a pc that is long gone, and just sort of forgot about how great and fun these recreations really are!

Now to the problems. I can download tables, open them in the editor, but when I go to play them I get dll. errors etc etc. I was using Vis 9.11... is that part of the problem? Also running Win7...

What is the best emulator to run 80's-90's tables? Are there patches to correct these problems?

Any feedback is welcome!

Brian

Have you downloaded FreeImage.dll? 9.1.2 requires it, and I think 9.1.1 does, as well.

Did you install the full version of Visual Pinball912? If so, then the FreeImage.dll should have been installed.

Visual Pinball will not open at all without the FreeImage.dll, so that's not the problem.

Have you downloaded and installed VPinMame by unzipping it to a New Folder (you need to create the folder) and then run the Setup.exe from the folder? It is good practice to Rename the New Folder to VPinMame so you can find it easily.
Remember, VPinMame is a separate program installation from Visual Pinball, unless yo use one of the Install kits which installs both Visual Pinball and VPinMame.

Have you downloaded and Unzipped the .VBS files to the Tables folder?

Have you downloaded the ROM.zip for the table?
You can find the specific ROM.zip for each table at www.ipdb.org by the name of the machine. Download the PINMAME version and puit it in the Roms folder created by the VPinMame Setup.exe > Install. Keep thois ROM.zip file ZIPPED!

Your best bet for the necessary downloads is at www.vpforums.org at the top of the page Visual Pinball > Essential Files.

Last edited:
Rightclick on the .exe file and run as administrator. This is for windows 7 only. Also the Freeimage.dll goes wherever you launch the table from. By the way I not only used to be a tech, but I also used to be an operator.

I am not just a member but also the preside...okay we get it Tim!
also original pins need NO roms just play them as is
(and both Itchigo and me got a lot of originals between us!)
and welcome to the site!!

Did you install the full version of Visual Pinball912? If so, then the FreeImage.dll should have been installed.

Visual Pinball will not open at all without the FreeImage.dll, so that's not the problem.

Have you downloaded and installed VPinMame by unzipping it to a New Folder (you need to create the folder) and then run the Setup.exe from the folder? It is good practice to Rename the New Folder to VPinMame so you can find it easily.
Remember, VPinMame is a separate program installation from Visual Pinball, unless yo use one of the Install kits which installs both Visual Pinball and VPinMame.

Have you downloaded and Unzipped the .VBS files to the Tables folder?

Have you downloaded the ROM.zip for the table?
You can find the specific ROM.zip for each table at www.ipdb.org by the name of the machine. Download the PINMAME version and puit it in the Roms folder created by the VPinMame Setup.exe > Install. Keep thois ROM.zip file ZIPPED!

Your best bet for the necessary downloads is at www.vpforums.org at the top of the page Visual Pinball > Essential Files.

Ok, forgive my ignorance but how dow you install vis9.12 and vpinmame and have them run in sync?

I'm sorry. For some reason I missed this thread.
When you install VPinMame and then open a VPinMame table in Visual Pinball, the table script in the Visual Pinball .vpt table file itself creates the VPinMame Object. It is automatic, as long as you have VPinMame and Visual Pinball (and the .vbs scripts) installed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back