VP8 EM SS Flipperless Original Table The delightful world of Jeff Block (a dozen+ creative originals)

Electro-Mechanical Machines
Solid State Machines

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Jeff Block, i.e. @Freezezzy. He released a bunch of fun, highly innovative tables in the VP8 lineage. Looks like we have most of them here in the Downloads (i.e. Resources) section. Today I updated their screenshots and icons, which got lost in an older forum transition.

Check 'em out!

AntiGrav Pinball v1.6
Block's Basketball v12p
Block's_Bowling_-_v1.0p
Double_Decker v1.0p
Great_OX_-_v1.0p
Head to Head Pinball 1.0p
Hells_Well_-_v1.1p
NASBAL_Slot_Car_Racing_-_v1.01p
Night_Vision_-_v1.2p
Over_the_Edge_-_v1.1p

Rising_Steps_-_v1.3p
Silver_Shift_-_v1.0p
Sky_Carnival_-_v1.0p
Spheres_-_v1.3p
Tiger Electronic Pinball 1&2
Vertigo V1.0p

I think stuff like this represents a big part of why the VP8 era (~2000 - 2008 ) was so interesting, i.e. all those crazy-cool originals people were creating. Unfortunately, the more developed VP got, and the more focus there was on re-creating real-life tables, the more that level of innovation seemed to die off over the years. But I strongly suspect some of the concepts seen in these originals could still be used in some form of real-life or simulation game, such as on phone & tablet.

EDIT2: After tracking down a few more across the endless cyber-stellar wastes, looks like there's only... one game missing at this point!

Quiz Show:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/blocks-quiz-show.4401/

Attachments

• quiz_show_submission_example_3.gif
    quiz_show_submission_example_3.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
The post above originally stated that "Bowling" had been lost. Well, it's been found!

Not only has it been found, but it's indeed a pretty nifty game! Now yes, the aiming-system might do with a touch of adjustment, but otherwise this is a real gem from the early days of VP. (download link in message above)

Attachments

• bowl.jpg
    bowl.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I think stuff like this represents a big part of why the VP8 era (~2000 - 2008) was so interesting, i.e. all the crazy-cool originals people created. Unfortunately, the more developed VP got, and the more focus there was on re-creating real-life tables, the more that level of innovation seemed to die off over the years. But I strongly suspect some of the concepts seen in these originals could still be used in some form of real-life or simulation game, such as on phone & tablet.
I love these older tables, a bunch of it was exploring what could be done in VP.
Found Rising Steps! I fear that the Quiz Show zip file is named something different.

Attachments

• Rising_Steps_-_v1.3p.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 123
Thanks, Jon!

Rising Steps sure is a challenging game of a type you don't see too often, i.e. trying to move the ball upwards, across mini-stages. If anybody manages to reach the third level, do please shout it out!

Attachments

• Rising_Steps_-_v1.3p.jpg
    Rising_Steps_-_v1.3p.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 148
After some more searching, I found three more gems worthy of inclusion-- Colossal Power 2, Double Negative, and Inferno. They've been added to the resources section.

As far as I can tell, this now completes the collection of tables Jeff released to the public across the years.

Actually I did turn up a couple more, like "Up Close and Personal" and "Double Vision," but I don't think they're up to the quality of the others. If you still want them, you should be able to find them in the massive VP torrent collections kicking around the net.

Attachments

• Colossal Power 2 (Jeff Block) (1.0p).jpg
    Colossal Power 2 (Jeff Block) (1.0p).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Double Negative (Jeff Block)(1.02p).jpg
    Double Negative (Jeff Block)(1.02p).jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Inferno (Jeff Block)(1.1p).jpg
    Inferno (Jeff Block)(1.1p).jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 109
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back