The Machine: Bride Of Pin*Bot issue

TomcatLeader

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time, no chat. Been busy with life. I have an issue with BOP for VP8, every time I try to fire it up, I get a "Requires VPinMAME v.0.99 Beta 3 or higher" error message. It is the ONLY table in VP8 with this problem. I checked the script and it has something to do with the Head Motor. I deleted the nvram, hoping it would fix the issue, to no avail. I have both BubleHEAD's and TAB's versions and it plaguing them both. I have VP8 8.1 and VPM 2.5 installed. All of the other tables work. Any help is appreciated.

Oh boy Tomcat, I am horribly late. Very sorry.

The BoP might be a Calibration issue. Do you mean that the Head turning during gameplay causes the game to crash and the error message to appear? Try deleting the nvram and .cfg files.
Start the game. Click the "Do you own this game?" MAME message and WAIT. Touch nothing.
When you see the "FACTORY SETTINGS RESTORED" message in the DMD, WAIT.
If nothing happens within a moment or two, then try pressing the 7 key at the top of the keyboard (not the NUMPAD 7 key. It won't work).

You need to wait in order to make sure the game doesn't automatically enter the "Calibration Mode" for the head. It might do so automatically from the script, and if it does, then touch Nothing. It should only take a moment to enter the Calibration Mode if automated. Let it run the calibration until the DMD returns to Play Mode.
If, in waiting, nothing happens, then try pressing the top 7 key. On some versions of BoP, the top 7 key starts the Calibration Mode. If it doesn't do it by itself or by pressing the top 7 key, then check the table's script for any instructions, or check any read me files to find out how BubbleHead configured the controls to enter the Calibration Mode. BoP must calibrate itself the first time you start it in order not to lose its Head. After that, it should behave itself, unless you delete the nvram and cfg files. Not sure which, so I'm afraid I would delete both.

And Yes. I am sorry that I missed this post. We haven't been very active in the VP scene lately. But that doesn't mean that we don't enjoy some company now and then.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back