Time Machine (Data East 1988)

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi all!

My new WIP is Time Machine. I have been working on the table for a few days now. I work first by designing the table, test it and if I like it or I'm able to make it work then I add the graphics. Perhaps the way around most of how the other authors work. Anyway, here it is a picture of the layout. The layout is based on the drawings found on the manual.

The table is playable, and the script and graphics is almost finished, but still there are many adjustments to do. If you want to try it, you may download it from:

24.feb: added a new beta on my site, now with some pictures.
25.feb: (my birthday :) 47 years old! I start to be old) Anuway, shaped the lights to fit the playfield and added most of the graphics and plastics. See the picture. I have uploaded the beta to my site.

http://home.no.net/jpsalas/zip/Time_Machine_JP.zip

JP

Attachments

• beta13.jpg
    beta13.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 974
Thank you jpsalas!

It's always nice to see you have fun in building/(re-)creating tables.

Looks great so far, JP! Looking forward to this one:)

Mr. Do will be pleased - he's been looking for a good version of this game for 3 or 4 years. Thanks for working on it.

Yes, I know about the chimes. It looks only the knocker sounds. I'll leave the sounds for the end, maybe sunday :). One question about the chimes: are they suppose to sound only in the 50's? I mean when the table says "the 50's" and the music change?

JP

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!

orange.gif

That's me doin' the happy dance!

Beta plays and looks great!!!!!!!

EDIT: Looks like you got the pics already.

Thanks again!! More happy dance =D

orange.gif

Great work, JP! Looks like another winner!!:)

jpsalas said:
Yes, I know about the chimes. It looks only the knocker sounds. I'll leave the sounds for the end, maybe sunday :). One question about the chimes: are they suppose to sound only in the 50's? I mean when the table says "the 50's" and the music change?

JP

The chimes only play during the '50s. It was a novelty of the game, to make it sound like an EM game.

That's what I thought, that the chimes only sounds during the 50's.
Well, even if its my birthday today :), I have managed to make some more changes to the table and uploaded a new beta to my site. I have also change the picture on the first post.

If I get the chimes to work (its about to find the right solenoid which activates them) then it may be a release tomorrow! The graphics are coming fine, and there are only a few left. I drop the transparent ramps, since I don't know enough to make them look good. After this table I think I'll take a break in making tables to learn more about VP and VPM.

JP

Happy birthday! Hope you win a free game or two.

jpsalas said:
My new WIP is Time Machine. I have been working on the table for a few days now. I work first by designing the table, test it and if I like it or I'm able to make it work then I add the graphics.

JP

I've taken pictures of this pin a few days ago. Let me know if you're interested in them.

Tom

The table is ready. I'll upload the table now and make a new thread.

JP

You can find the solenoids in the test mode

Thanks for your unstoppable work,jpsalas. :thumright:

Thanks Joe! I start to believe that I still need to learn a lot about pinball. I never thought to find the solenoids in the test mode, and there they are with their number and what they do! I had pressed the "7" key sometimes but I never realised that I could use the information I found there.

JP

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back