Tommy, The Who's  (Data East, 1994) VP9

VP9 Data East SS Recreation Tommy, The Who's (Data East, 1994) VP9 v1.2 Sun9 MOD

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Came up with a problem. I hit the right loop, very slow. Then the ball fell into a hole a bit over the Mode Start hole on the right. As far as I can see from the editor, there's a kicker there. That's where the ball fell in. The mode started and... the ball never came out. It disappeared into the Twilight Zone. Tilting didn't do anything, the ball was just gone.

The McD

Came up with a problem. I hit the right loop, very slow. Then the ball fell into a hole a bit over the Mode Start hole on the right. As far as I can see from the editor, there's a kicker there. That's where the ball fell in. The mode started and... the ball never came out. It disappeared into the Twilight Zone. Tilting didn't do anything, the ball was just gone.

The McD

Same happened with me;:sbeside this, great table, lots of fun!:clap:

The McD
Congratulations, you found the secret passage that ends your game in a bad way :) I haven't managed to get a ball in there in the many hundreds of games I have played.

After studying the code, that kicker is labeled "secretpassage". It destroys the ball, but doesn't create a ball anyplace, which is a bug. I haven't changed that part of the code in the 5 year old rev. 3.3 table. Anyone know what that hole does in the real machine? The factory manual I have gives no mention of that hole.

Kristian should know. I don't have an idea what that hole would stand for. Reminds me of Scared Stiff.

The McD

Came up with a problem. I hit the right loop, very slow. Then the ball fell into a hole a bit over the Mode Start hole on the right. As far as I can see from the editor, there's a kicker there. That's where the ball fell in. The mode started and... the ball never came out. It disappeared into the Twilight Zone.
I fixed that, new version at the link in 1st post.

great table! I love the who and their 'tommy' rock opera! Great table too, nice layout, although I couldn't find this 'twilight zone' that everyone spoke of (and that's a good thing) my table plays fine, I just suck at it! but it keeps me entertained when I'm not beating my head against my keyboard trying to do the next zizzle (marvel) table!
it's in my perm folder of faves! and the first time those blinders came out I was shocked, awed, then thrilled! Very cool and original idea there as it caused me to lose all my multiballs the first time it showed up! But it keeps me coming back and that makes a great table for me.

After studying the factory manual more and remembering the real Tommy machine from a few years back, I realized the secret danger hole to the right of the Collect VUK is where the ball troughs for the Skill shot and the mirror shot are supposed to output. So I did a major overhaul of the code for those, and created rev. 1.1:

Changed the skill shot and mirror troughs to output right of Collect hole, like the real machine, avoiding clogging the VUK during multiball.
Changed to ballstacks which gives better performance for Collect VUK, skillshot, and mirror hole troughs.
Fixed a bug from v3.3 when you get the ball in the rarely hit secret passage right of Collect hole, it would vanish and your game is over in a bad way.
Increased the width of the backbox and the lockdown bar.

I like the performance much better, let me know how its working for you, new version in link on 1st post.

Thanks SunWizard .. will give it a try!

Cheers,

I made a new update v1.2, see link in the 1st post:

Improved resolution graphic for playfield.
Captive ball broken since v1.1
Blinders improved, thanks to destruk.
Plane decal redesigned from backdrop to playfield.
Added a ball drop sound when it drops from ramps.

I made another version of this that runs only on the new VP9, and this isn't it, look here:
http://vpforums.org/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=75

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back