298.5 KB · Views: 293
  • screenshot104.png
    screenshot104.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 297
  • screenshot200.png
    screenshot200.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Also up at YoYo Games with my other games.

Some of the latest changes,
- trophies display improved.
- more light to ground and score light.
- fixed a bug that did not have player 2 shooting doubles.
- added speed setting. 3 speeds for clay, set in the operator menu.
- in a two player game, team 2 shoots the same trapbox, and clay speed as team 1 did. But not delay time.
- timing for point award display improved.
- game light on gameplay screen.
- bullet disappears at correct place.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/204632-trapshoot

Last edited:
Trapshoot v1.3

I fixed a couple of bugs at game end that I found.

- Added another hit animation option, selected in the settings menu (F5) and saved. 1 for hit type is the original one frame hit graphic. 2 is a new partial based hit effect from smoking the clay to chipping it.
- Added bullet speed adjust. Now every element that was adjustable in the original is in. (Play to score, number of trophies for award, clay speed and bullet speed).Plus one player allowable misses, and Alpha level of background in relation to a black field.
- Added 6 levels of brightness adjust. This has a couple of uses like balancing with ambient light level, and for adjusting the off light visual. The range is set to the off lights, from virtually gone to quite obvious. You can adjust the levels on any screen, but the level you set only on the settings page (F5) is saved.
- Better light size and placement.
- Applause sound level lowered.
- Made escape key exit to title page instead of quit game. On title page it will quit game.

Excellent! Better than the original! The only thing thats missing is the "roar" of the crowd as oppsed to the applause when getting a trophy.Still great though, thanks Shockman!

now if only you could have little Mitt Romneys sailing by
so we could shoot at them instead of the clay pigeons I'd be a happy camper

I just downloaded it from YoYo and got version b7. It might have been a cache issue but I re-uploaded it.

The latest is just called Trapshoot in the zip and the file inside and says 1.3 at the top of the info screen and the setting menu will match the pic above.

Itchigo, I like the original sound too, but could not find anything. I don't know how to rip sounds from youtube videos and that the only place I have heard it.

faralos, Are you asking for a import feature? just kidding as I trust you were as well.

It still has one issue, besides the graphic artifacts that remain, and that is the roll-over. The score will go over 99 in a one player game and not fit. If I can get a more authentic crowd sound, and fix the graphics, I will fix that as well.

I attached a crowd cheer I edited from a good golf shot. I think it would do.

Attachments

• crowd.wav
    28.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
I'm working on what I hope will be the last version. I'm only going to clean up the worse of the graphic artifacts, but I have replace the crowd cheer, and have changed one player scoring. Now in a one player game you play to the same points as set for a two player game and are given that number divided by 4 (rounded down if needed) as the number of misses allowed and will play to whichever comes first.

Final version is up.

Thanks Phil. You did an excellent job on this game.

2 thumbs up!

Thank you sir!! I really appreciate it! I showed this to my dad who told me the reason there are no more good wall games is because of the FCC and the frequencies involved.

It's not necessary, as there was no bugs to fix, but I made some changes after playing this solely as a player (I thought).

I added another chunk, more particles, and they rain down more, but mostly worked on sound.

- Subtle sound for trap boxes and shooter lights.
- Stereo
- A new applause sound that works like this. Clapping, then random inserts of whistles and a 'yea' and various time, or omit either. With only three sounds you may not hear the same cheer in a game. This is like the original which used random overlay of the whistling over the applause.

Another reason you rarly see these any more is the life span. They were very thin with heat emitting lights that would render the screen yellowed and brittle.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: GotBrawndo is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back