VP9 SS Recreation Update of my VP9 tables - by jpsalas

Solid State Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Updated all of my 13 VP9 tables to version 2.0

New in this version:

- New rails on the side of the table, freeing the desktop, and making the table completely angle independent.
- New stereo sounds (just some of them), based on the old ones.
- New graphics, like the ball, transparent ramps, plastic borders and new aprons. The transparency is now compatible without using hardware rendering (even if it doesn't look too good, at least it is better than no ramps at all :) )
- New Help files. Hiting "R" during gameplay will pop up a window with the rules and a complete description of the game. Use arrows up/down to scroll the text, and press any key to close the window. The file is in hta format (a html format), so it needs internet explorer.
- Adjusted settings partially using to PK's findings on the Ultrapin tables, these are the flippers, elasticity of objects and table slope and friction.
- Some tables have new playfields too, with new lights.
Since the tables are completely angle independent you may change the angle and zoom properties on the backdrop options of the editor to suit you preferencies (top view, lower view, with DMD or without). The 5 values you may need to change are:
Inclination
Field of View
X Scale
Y Scale
Y Offset.

Leave the XY Rotation to 360. This is the same as 0, but if you set it to 0 you disable the scale and offsets.

If you don't want the DMD on top of the table, then just delete it :) and adjust the angle and/or zoom settings if you need to.

If you want to use these tables in a cabinet (rotated), then remove the ramps that make the rails and the DMD. It will be easier these way to rotate.

JP

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks JP, those sound like some nice improvements, I'll have to give them a play or three. :)

Thank you very much JP:rockon:!

Alrighty then, time to re-download.

The McD

Sounds great JP, I will update and give em a go!! Thanks alot JP, YOU DA MAN!!!

Updated 3 tables to version 2.01:

MM - fixed lamp not turning completely off

TOM - fixed elasticity on flippers and overall gravity

TOTAN - fixed switch on the ramp not registering

JP

Great table conversion and fantastic work as always.
Thank you very much and keep it up.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back