• We have added Language Translations for French, Italian and Spanish menus, you can change your language at the bottom of every page, bottom left in the footer.
  • Spanish (Español, Latin American) translations have been added for the Forums and Resource Manager (Downloads). You can change your Language Here!

Video of Base hit game over problem

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
Hi I’m having a small issue with my Williams Base hit when game gets 3 out it goes to game over . When I go into extra inning and get 3 outs game goes to game over everything is working fine . My only problem is if I hit all targets but not one of the out targets . After 3rd out Game will continuing to play.Extra inning light does not come on. Cause one of the out targets are not hit light is off . Game should go to game over . but it’s continuing to play Any suggestion . I can send you a video if you need Game works fine with game over relay just this situation . There is a problem.thank you

pinballdaveh

Pinball Technician
Staff member
Site Supporters
Hi I’m having a small issue with my Williams Base hit when game gets 3 out it goes to game over . When I go into extra inning and get 3 outs game goes to game over everything is working fine . My only problem is if I hit all targets but not one of the out targets . After 3rd out Game will continuing to play.Extra inning light does not come on. Cause one of the out targets are not hit light is off . Game should go to game over . but it’s continuing to play Any suggestion . I can send you a video if you need Game works fine with game over relay just this situation . There is a problem.thank you
View attachment 14714
In the second scenario 6 of the 7 latch ins are tripped. The extra inning bar is now supported by the last latch in, the right out latch in. Depending on where the extra inning bar is located in the bank in reference to the last latch in to trip and allow the spring loaded extra inning bar to trip, it’s possible that the last latch isn’t strong enough not to allow the bar to slip into a position that it’s still latched but it’s lowered slightly. Some of the switch gaps not all got changed because of this.
Regaping all switches on the extra inning bar to this 6 tripped position should solve this.

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
Hi Dave I tried adjusting extra inning relays wats happening now is the 1 player when I get extra inning after 3 out it goes to game over .When I put 2 players up it works fine i don’t know what I touched was just the extra inning relays can you guide me to we’re you think the extra inning award is going to game over instead of continue to play

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
Ok if I hit 2 players the 1 player will go into extra inning but if I get extra inning on 2nd player it will go to game over too like 1 player does

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
In the second scenario 6 of the 7 latch ins are tripped. The extra inning bar is now supported by the last latch in, the right out latch in. Depending on where the extra inning bar is located in the bank in reference to the last latch in to trip and allow the spring loaded extra inning bar to trip, it’s possible that the last latch isn’t strong enough not to allow the bar to slip into a position that it’s still latched but it’s lowered slightly. Some of the switch gaps not all got changed because of this.
Regaping all switches on the extra inning bar to this 6 tripped position should solve this.
Hi Dave what do I actually do to adjust switches should I adjust in a open position when the extra inning bar is released or when game is off mode

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
@Jonas 11,
In future I recommend tagging Dave if you're looking for a reply, just like I did with you right there. That way he'll get a notification.

Just hoping he'll notice new activity in a thread isn't always enough.

pinballdaveh

Pinball Technician
Staff member
Site Supporters
@Jonas 11,
In future I recommend tagging Dave if you're looking for a reply, just like I did with you right there. That way he'll get a notification.

Just hoping he'll notice new activity in a thread isn't always enough.
The extra inning bar might have some slop on it’s pivotal spots, allowing to move when only 1 latch in is holding it up. Another thing is the spring strength against the slop in the pivots. If not corrected in any way, the 1 latch holding up the arm will be your new reset position and blades should be adjusted as such. If you can do a vid of the bank in these positions might be a help to others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Ike Savage:
    where is the unapprove option, anyway? is that a super mod thing or something from the admin panel?
  • @ Ike Savage:
    oh wait, I see it
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    true, but they could also be invisible to users and perhaps allow the category to be removed
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Don't know, do know that if you delete a category all files would also be removed so that's bad,
  • @ Ike Savage:
    seems like we discussed it in some length at one point and came up with the current arrangement, but I don't have a strong opinion on that stuff. the one thing I do like is that I can clear out weaker tables from the main section without deleting them
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Sounds fine to me Ike, can't disagree with ya!
  • @ Ike Savage:
    is it that you want to declutter more of the resources section?
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No it's fine
  • @ Ike Savage:
    also, just to be clear-- the issue with "unapprove" is that you don't know if the table actually gets deleted from the server, right? AFAIK I have no way of seeing where the tables actually lie on the server, so it's something I can't test effectively
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    They wouldn't get deleted from the server, I don't think.
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Can we get back to the subdomain folders/files, the uploads.pinballnirvana.com folder is where uploads would need to be, just wondering what might need to be deleted..
  • @ Ike Savage:
    do you mind a phone call? probably easier to discuss, save some wear and tear on my hands, too
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No problems Ike, can't talk now but will try and set this up.
  • @ Ike Savage:
    okay, well let me know if you need space cleared up across the torrent area, because I have some ideas
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Yeah, noticed a .zip file contains many versions etc..
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Uploading a 1.34 GB Pink Floyd The Wall zip file via ftp to test...
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    The file is actually on the server in FP originals but isn't public.
  • @ Anthias:
    Um, so, Hi!. What did I miss? (he says as though he ducked to the toilet while the adds were on...)
  • @ AnonTet:
    Hi guys, I«m asking here as it might have a quicker response. How can I check the ball size used by authors in FP? or at least the default size if anyone knows. Thanks
  • @ Gimli:
    Most FP authors use the default size and don't know how to use BAM to alter it.
  • @ Gimli:
    I think it may be 13.8 though
  • @ AnonTet:
    Thanks. But while I've waited I've looked at a ring around a ramp in LotR that's 26mm so i figure the ball being 24mm. A bit short of real life ball size if that's so.
  • @ AnonTet:
    of course I could've used my brains earlier and create a table with some carefully spaced guides and check that the ball is in fact 27mm in diameter. Peeking at fp.exe and bam.dll and there's no way to change this. you can set the colour and the id to track it though (but that's known)
  • @ Gimli:
    With Bam custom ball coding you can create balls of any size...see my titorial
  • @ Gimli:
    +1
    @ Gimli: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/bam-feature-how-to-guides.19601/post-120547 +1