Williams Pitch and Bat Base Hit (Williams, 1967) Video of game over problem

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
North Star
Hi I’m having a small issue with my Williams Base hit when game gets 3 out it goes to game over . When I go into extra inning and get 3 outs game goes to game over everything is working fine . My only problem is if I hit all targets but not one of the out targets . After 3rd out Game will continuing to play.Extra inning light does not come on. Cause one of the out targets are not hit light is off . Game should go to game over . but it’s continuing to play Any suggestion . I can send you a video if you need Game works fine with game over relay just this situation . There is a problem.thank you
View attachment IMG_2592.mov

Hi I’m having a small issue with my Williams Base hit when game gets 3 out it goes to game over . When I go into extra inning and get 3 outs game goes to game over everything is working fine . My only problem is if I hit all targets but not one of the out targets . After 3rd out Game will continuing to play.Extra inning light does not come on. Cause one of the out targets are not hit light is off . Game should go to game over . but it’s continuing to play Any suggestion . I can send you a video if you need Game works fine with game over relay just this situation . There is a problem.thank you
View attachment 14714
In the second scenario 6 of the 7 latch ins are tripped. The extra inning bar is now supported by the last latch in, the right out latch in. Depending on where the extra inning bar is located in the bank in reference to the last latch in to trip and allow the spring loaded extra inning bar to trip, it’s possible that the last latch isn’t strong enough not to allow the bar to slip into a position that it’s still latched but it’s lowered slightly. Some of the switch gaps not all got changed because of this.
Regaping all switches on the extra inning bar to this 6 tripped position should solve this.

Hi Dave I tried adjusting extra inning relays wats happening now is the 1 player when I get extra inning after 3 out it goes to game over .When I put 2 players up it works fine i don’t know what I touched was just the extra inning relays can you guide me to we’re you think the extra inning award is going to game over instead of continue to play

Ok if I hit 2 players the 1 player will go into extra inning but if I get extra inning on 2nd player it will go to game over too like 1 player does

In the second scenario 6 of the 7 latch ins are tripped. The extra inning bar is now supported by the last latch in, the right out latch in. Depending on where the extra inning bar is located in the bank in reference to the last latch in to trip and allow the spring loaded extra inning bar to trip, it’s possible that the last latch isn’t strong enough not to allow the bar to slip into a position that it’s still latched but it’s lowered slightly. Some of the switch gaps not all got changed because of this.
Regaping all switches on the extra inning bar to this 6 tripped position should solve this.
Hi Dave what do I actually do to adjust switches should I adjust in a open position when the extra inning bar is released or when game is off mode

@Jonas 11,
In future I recommend tagging Dave if you're looking for a reply, just like I did with you right there. That way he'll get a notification.

Just hoping he'll notice new activity in a thread isn't always enough.

@Jonas 11,
In future I recommend tagging Dave if you're looking for a reply, just like I did with you right there. That way he'll get a notification.

Just hoping he'll notice new activity in a thread isn't always enough.
The extra inning bar might have some slop on it’s pivotal spots, allowing to move when only 1 latch in is holding it up. Another thing is the spring strength against the slop in the pivots. If not corrected in any way, the 1 latch holding up the arm will be your new reset position and blades should be adjusted as such. If you can do a vid of the bank in these positions might be a help to others.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back