VIP 1.3 Out!

Phoenixx

Starfleet Member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Here it is, the latest Visual Install Pack!

Changes in VIP 1.3: (Nothing Dramatical)
----------------------------------------------------

1.) VPinMAME DLL updated to 1.54

2.) Changed the Layout and the Logo of the Installer

3.) The VIP does not unregister VPT Files anymore on uninstall

----------------------------------------------------

The planned special desktop folder may eventually be added later, but maybe never, since there was no feedback at all (except from nic) so maybe this is not as important as i thought, and links to the other places and all that stuff is here to find as well anyway,...

Other than that i would only like to announce a new revision-numbering system for future VIPs. This is to make it easier for users to tell whats in it. So beginning with the next update the number before the dot will indicate which version of VP it contains, while the number after the dot will indicate which VPM version it contains.

Example: "Visual_Install_Pack_7.55" if VP is at version 7 and VPM at 1.55.

You get the idea,...

Well, and thats already it for today.

Regards, and happy downloading,

-|-PHOENIXX-|-

--------------------

P.S. to the Staff: Please download the new version from my sig to update the copy that is hosted here. If my sig does not show up for you either (it doesnt for me for whatever reason) please download it from my sig at VPForums instead. Thanks.

Hmmm,...is there a special reason why this thread doesnt show up at the frontpage? At first i thought i did something wrong and the thread wasnt there, but its definitely here, its just not displayed at the frontpage under active topics.

Huh???

EDIT: How odd,...now my signature was attached. But why isnt it there in my opening post?

Strange forum here,... :wtf:

Just a delay. Tell me something Phoenixx, does this new version have the newer .vbs files that doesn't have the ball through the flipper fix?

No Shockman. It does not include the one that PD has altered just to remove your code. Its still the 'original' one,...and it will always be this one,...

Thanks, Phoenixx.
I'm actually running a version on this computer, your last version. I of course was in a hurry to get VP/VPM/support up and running so I went that route. It worked great, but did not register all of VP, I had to install VP again over it to get clickable tables that would launch, till then tables would only open a blank editor, did you get that sorted?

I wanted to sort it, actually, (i know what the problem is for a long time), but i was just not in the mood to dig that deep into the installer today, so i 'postponed' it once more till the next version. Most people dont use the VPT to start tables anyway, they use the editor or a launcher. But sooner or later i will make that work too,...its the last remaining difference between the VIP and the VP Installer,...

Not a problem, just asking. It's a great thing you did with this, some people just can't download all that's needed, some don't have the patiences to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back