Visual Basic Command List

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
Here is a notepad version of the full Visual Basic Commands. This is an amazing resource tool for those who know basic and want to take it further. There is NO REASON these commands should not work with VP. Check it out, it might help you find something you need in your scripting.

d

PS: the file system for Pinball Nirvana would not allow a 23kb text file to be uploaded so I've RAR'ed it to 9.6kb. I will also upload this command list to the download area for later use.

It is in the "anything!" pinball related download area as of now.

Thanks for that, though you might want to be careful.
VP uses VB Script, and not full-blown VB, so a lot of the commands in your file will not work.

For a better idea of what's in VB Script - see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/273zc69c(v=VS.85).aspx

Regards,
Dan.

Wiz;

You're right. I figured that out a day ago and almost slapped my head for it. I have another VB listing but it's much more extensive. I think I can get more out of it once I read and re read it over again. Thanks for the post.

d

Wiz;

You're right. I figured that out a day ago and almost slapped my head for it. I have another VB listing but it's much more extensive. I think I can get more out of it once I read and re read it over again. Thanks for the post.

d

It does take a lot of reading and studying to make sense of some of those, doesn't it? If I don't figure it all out in this lifetime . . . who knows?

It does take a lot of reading and studying to make sense of some of those, doesn't it? If I don't figure it all out in this lifetime . . . who knows?

John;

Not really, it's just a lot of trial and error. Just like normal basic. Trust me, when I made that modified input name file, it took me a few hours since I needed to take my time to figure out just how VP would handle it.

d

Just found this thread.

The other thing to watch out for are the JSCRIPT, DHTML, and HTML examples in the M$ vbs docs. Often disappointing when scratching one's head over VP, but there are many vbs versions of the same methods offered there in the docs...

...can we get someone to include general javascript and HTML 5 Canvas in the VP engine, not just in the script interface, in the next release?

This is the BEST VB script file I have; it's a text file and has the BASIC ins and outs of Visual Basic.

This might be better suited for VP.

d

Seems PN won't allow a this text file as normal so I had to RAR it. It's only 32kb when opened so the uploading has me scratching my head. 32kb is nothing. WOW. RAR'ed it's 9kb or so.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back