Visual Install Pack problems

Stingy

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Southpark
Just installed the VIP and everything seemed fine. Got the roms and tables in the right folder, 3 tables have loaded fine but cant seem to get the games started. Almost seems like VIP doesnt reconize my keyboard but it does when I change button commands...Ive tried everything. Been messing with Mame files for years....startin to feel stupid. Im runnin Vista Home Premium 32 on a more than adaquate system. I have installed and loaded the roms and tables exactly as described in the read me file, like I said, Ive tried everything but hopefully I'm missing something simple....any ideas???

Last edited:
Ok...everything is good now, right-clicked the VP short-cut and chose run as administrator, could have sworn I tried that before, anyway that took care of everything. Hopefully this post might help out someone else so I'll leave it up even though I did read that on a post in here eariler, awesome program.

Surprising how often that turns out to be the problem.....lucky for me, I run XP, which lumps Administrator and Current User into one blob of protoplasm, making conscious selection unnecessary.

GSG

Last edited:
eep. i could be wrong, but the VIP installer looks many years old based on the upload date.

So, Ike; You ARE one of the knights who say EEP! :smileyvike:

When I trolled the archives recently, I came across some intent to include VP9 in Visual Install Pack, but apparently that didn't work out; VIP has been VP8-only for all of my not-quite-seven years. I guess I need to find where I left off in the archives.....

NEEK/NEEP/NEE/NI/Whatever!

Last edited:
What is your system specification? Maybe this happened due to your system is missing some driver or may not have specification as per requirements of the game.

I know but I've been keeping all the versions since the time they were released and that is the only one I'm missing, I have been looking for it for some time through lots of sites but I haven't found it anywhere, by the way, thank you for making the whole install process so simple with your V.I.P.s

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back