VP9 Nudge Demo and Tester

So you use VP in a cabinet with specialty hardware, Bob?

So VPF is just a website? If that is true, then I am indeed wrong, out of line, and off base. If that is true then I apologize that I could have thought of it as more.

Last edited:
Well I reckon they should just compile a the next version of VP with the old nudge code from VP8 and add a tick box for nudge type. It really should not be that difficult to do as the code is already available in the VP8.1 source and it's not like the current Developers haven't done these kind of changes in the past.

Exactly. These are the type of changes we see. Slope should taken from the VP8 as well and put back in. If they can't do that without breaking their wizard support, then we really can not expect too much more can we?

I thought cabinet support was already perfect. I have even read it characterized as real. How can you get closer to real than real?

Now Phil, if you take Bob up on his challenge, one thing I think would be nice would being able to select from a menu what type of New Table Template you wanted, It should at least over several sizes and styles of tables, such as standard, widebody, and super widebody in both flippered and flipperless versions, plus templates for counter top games, and of course bagatelle. Let me know when you start and I'll edit out unwanted objects and code from my countless template collection and send them to you. My point here being we might have a few more authors if new folks have a variety of table types they could start working on to learn the ins and outs of the editor.

No one could think much less of VPF as I do right now, but it is still great, and it is still real, and it is more than a website. A website that counts down the seconds left till the end of the world, or till a starlet turns 18 is just a website. It is also the hub of our community, and our community is real and virtual pinball games are real. People in forums are real, and I never much understood IRL.

So you use VP in a cabinet with specialty hardware, Bob?

So VPF is just a website? If that is true, then I am indeed wrong, out of line, and off base. If that is true then I apologize that I could have thought of it as more.

No, I don't use any of the cabinet hardware and I think that falls under the heading of stuff that Nanatech put in there for themselves. I do use the rotating options a lot. I also hope in the future these cabinet things have boxes to tick, but I'm not going to hold my breath until then.

If VPF isn't just a website, then what is it?

I think people thought if VP became Open Source that people would jump out of the woodwork to make it the greatest thing on earth. Well, start jumping if you know how to do it. I wouldn't want to do it if I could do it. I want to play tables and make an occasional table, I don't want a job writing software.

John, I do not have the prerequisite knowledge to expand on VP. I wish I did. If I did the only thing that would stop me from adding more today, would be debugging what I put in yesterday.

If VPF isn't just a website, then what is it?

If you are not an ugly bag of mostly water, what are you?

If you are not an ugly bag of mostly water, what are you?

I had to look this up, but the answer is..... Anyone, except Captain Jean-Luc Picard. :)

Anything like nudge checkboxes will need an override from within locked tournament tables, but that's very doable.
I totally forgot that VP once had two versions in the same .exe.

Something else that VP could do to maintain a single version is to provide a system for plugins. Plugins might also be a solution for adding ActiveX controls (COM objects)
and access to .NET functions and controls. That or simply add the .NET library reference to the .exe.

I double posted. Let me not waste this post and tell you that VPF is not very fair.

Last edited:
I don't understand the checkboxes, would not the locks negate the need for something like that?

If someone was to compile a list of what VP could have it would be clear that VP could have a great deal. As for what it needs I think it is damn close. What I think VP needs most is debugged, and it is very hard to debug my own work most of the time. I think it would be impossible for me and many programmers to debug VP. After that, it could stand to be modernized. This would make it more compatible and consistent across machines. Most of the problems with consistency I believe lies in the way each CPU, GPU, and OS handles older DX.

As for what it could have. I could not imagine anything that would be better than alpha channel transparency using either of the three available formats, but I would go with png. I can't even imagine anything that would come close to raising VP to the level this would.

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back