Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Twilight zone
Never mind. Found the solution. Thx.

Hi
I'm having a graphic problem with VP9 like in this picture:
kkkgt3z9_jpg.htm

You can see it on the ramp on the left. On some tables, the flipper also have this transparency problem.

I'm using vp on a windows 8 machine with an ati card.

I'm totally clueless.

Ideas?

Last edited:
Solution
Boy, am I late.
Others have suggested setting the VP resolution to 16 bits (i.e., Resolution: 1024 x 7698 x 16 to handle transparency issues, and / or in the VP > Preferences > Video Options (same menu) move the Ramp Alpha slider down (to the left) a little at a time until it works.

Some folks have this trouble with ATI/AMD and others with NVIDIA. Sometimes updating the video card drivers works out, and sometimes rolling back /installing older versions of video drivers does the trick.
Boy, am I late.
Others have suggested setting the VP resolution to 16 bits (i.e., Resolution: 1024 x 7698 x 16 to handle transparency issues, and / or in the VP > Preferences > Video Options (same menu) move the Ramp Alpha slider down (to the left) a little at a time until it works.

Some folks have this trouble with ATI/AMD and others with NVIDIA. Sometimes updating the video card drivers works out, and sometimes rolling back /installing older versions of video drivers does the trick.

Solution
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back