Bally Was there ever be a playable beta version from Theatre of Magic ? Does somebody know if Ian still active or have contact to him ?

Well....Ian, is from 2012, that, no longer updates for this work, and with his latest intervention
Hi all, yeah it's been ages since I last worked on this (or any) table, for a couple of reasons: firstly the main table build is done but the trap door, diverter for the spirit ring and the magnets aren't really working properly - they kind of work but are not reliable, maybe a little bit of redesigning would be needed. Secondly now a great version of this and many other tables are available from pinball arcade it didn't seem too important to finish it off, and for me FP tables don't play as well as pinball arcade ones.

I would like to see this table finished though but the amount of work for the dmd etc. is too much for me at the moment, if anyone seriously wants to get this finished let me know, im not adverse someone finishing it off, but only if they actually intend to do it, as I still use work i've done on tables as part of my work showreel.

and indeed it is very understandable, the fact that he did not want or could not continue this project.
now with Bam, these problems are solvable, but it's not just that, I'll tell you,Jens

if someone else, has not done or thought of making this table, maybe there is something that prevents the realization, I wonder? do you know the table? is there a version of vpx?

Why am I asking you? I don't know the table, I don't know what there is, what toy, or dmd, but ..... I could only think of trying, as I did for Batman (data east), but I think it's not easy at all, it took me a year for batman
it takes other people who help, someone who extracts the animations (I think there are) the sounds from the "Rom", these are the biggest problems.

if there is a vpx version, I could rely on that, see if the toys can be extracted (mesh), I could build the table if I have everything, I repeat all the material, from vpx

but there is another factor to underline, if the authors of vpx (always if there is a version) give us the permission to reproduce in FP
is this would be the first step...... but I repeat to start it takes other people willing to help, but who would be willing?

but there is another factor to underline, if the authors of vpx (always if there is a version) give us the permission to reproduce in FP
If you're talking about copying specific graphics, models or other re-creation elements from VPX to FP, then for sure there's the matter of courtesy-- to ask the VPX author for permission and/or at least give them notice.

But beyond that, I'm not sure the VP-FP scene as a whole ever laid these things out concretely. So it's always nice to be courteous and fair-minded to other table-authors, but AFAIK one can grab whatever content one likes in terms of re-creations and freely use it in another dev platform.

That said, taking someone's ORIGINAL content and using it across dev platforms, without permission? Sounds like a pretty terrible idea to me. But this wouldn't be that, unless I'm totally missing something.

Anyway.... ToM has been re-created many times in VPX IIRC. Here's a couple hits for you, although I believe there are plenty more:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Sounds library".
      Back