Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Titanic Hospital
And is there a high-res print of her?

Her →

ChickABallRight.gif

Upvote 0
My brother helped me with the image, back when The Magic of Flipperless was being born, these aren't much better but a blast from the past follows from TMOF.

Attachments

• chickleft.gif
    chickleft.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 552
  • chickright.gif
    chickright.gif
    58.6 KB · Views: 537
  • header.png
    header.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 532
I put her on a shiny ball once.

Attachments

• chickleft2.gif
    chickleft2.gif
    72.4 KB · Views: 558
I cleaned it up a little....

Attachments

• chickleft3.gif
    chickleft3.gif
    68.7 KB · Views: 540
and what it would look like on a freshly painted logo.

Attachments

• logoshort2.gif
    logoshort2.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 2,458
Here is a blank in case I or someone else ever wants to use it again.

The Font I used above was called Banff and it matched pretty good.

Attachments

• logoshort3.gif
    logoshort3.gif
    11 KB · Views: 554
Full View of example.

Attachments

• Pinball Nirvana.gif
    Pinball Nirvana.gif
    72.8 KB · Views: 530
someone could make a PN-themed table and use just her cutout image as the ball decal... it would be a pretty nutty table, obviously. :p

she looks like she misses her WWII-era fighter plane!

Aw heck bob.
I took a whack at her myself, but the fingers on her right hand got mauled a bit.

Attachments

• ChickABally.png
    ChickABally.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 545
Sleepy, I like how your chick reflection is a little bolder than the one I posted, I should do that for the shiny ball image too. I didn't adjust the reflection on it.

Hey thanks bob, but I didn't touch the artwork. The reflections are already there.
I did A Manual Process and I used the Red plate for the image, by decomposing/stripping the RGB color plates that form the image and then copying the red plate for the luminence value, what we used to call "the Black and White Picture Value" in the old days of analog NTSC color television.

I really, really.... like the shiny ball examples, we used to have a theme that used bob's balls..(see attachment)

I think we should change the site logo to some shiny balls but I might need some help because I still like the current one and need some feedback.

Another blast from the past about the Site Logo, from January of 2006!
:awaken:

Attachments

• PNlogo5.jpg
    PNlogo5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 510
bob's balls have been a staple across the scene... the theme was just a bonus IMO.

Was she an original image or was she a copy/paste from a pinup and the ball was added?
It might help if she was from a pinup and we can find the original.

bob's balls have been a staple across the scene... the theme was just a bonus IMO.
lol, bob's balls look okay but mine might be a better staple..:trippy:
Was she an original image or was she a copy/paste from a pinup and the ball was added?
The image was copied and then manipulated by my brother and me, can't recall the details. Here's bob's slimy green ball:

Attachments

• PNlogo7.jpg
    PNlogo7.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 542
"Slimy Green Ball"??
Heh, I've got one of those. I was once thinking about using it in a table.
Maybe "The Toxic Avenger".

Attachments

• yuckybooger.bmp
    378 KB · Views: 485
Would you happen to know the name of the font that was used for the current banner?

Would you happen to know the name of the font that was used for the current banner?

The Font I used above was called Banff and it matched pretty good and is probably the font Shiva used (I think he added the font heading). That font is included in the VP fonts package (I think). It has PhotoShop blending options added to it, so making an exact copy of the Original banner would be hard, just as I added some blending options to the example above to match the overall look.

Just doodlin'. Nothing serious here and with no obligations.

But the cleaner the image, and more fantastic the image, the larger the filesize!
And the smaller the resolution with larger compression, the crappier it gets!

Borders and bevels and surfaces/backdrops that have redundant textures could be chopped and placed HTML style to fake the same effect, with reasonable resolution but much lower file sizes since a whole .bmp is not used. Just smaller bits and pieces of the original image placed with a CSS style sheet.

Attachments

• PN10.gif
    PN10.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 515
  • ChickAPN.png
    ChickAPN.png
    751.8 KB · Views: 566
  • PN6C.png
    PN6C.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 544
haha, i liked that a lot. i think i posted that same image to an anime thread at my bball forums.

i wouldn't mind reading a good manga these days, but so many of them are made for kids or dull salarymen on their train rides home. recently i did find a couple more by the master, tezuka. this is probably the best one... it's about an artist struggling with his muse:

"barbara"
http://mycomicpost.com/?p=88875

i did randomly bump in to a fairly-decent anime recently... "black lagoon." rather violent, and nothing too deep, but the fish out of water angle was somehow compelling. obligatory sexy, dangerous girl, natch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPKAvV6Zn9o

oops

Last edited:
Hey! Thank you Magoo! :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back