Williams Solved Flash (Williams, 1978) powers on to 0486 2 (player 1 score) and 04 00 (games&ball)

Bamaro

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
I was having some other issues but I decided to replace the 3 AA batteries on the MPU (system 6) on my Flash game. The old batteries were still good but did this as a preventative measure since they were 3 years old. Played machine for awhile after replacing batteries and shut off. Couple of days later when I turned machine on, the player #1 display shows 0486 00 and the games/ball in display shows 04 00. I removed the batteries and tested them and they are OK. Cleaned the terminals and put the batteries in (all 3 + down) but same problem. Does anybody know what these diagnostic mode codes mean?

Solution
Let me know how that works out for you. I used a rottendog board in a Firepower that I had and to worked great. One word of caution. Make sure that the power connector to the new board is in good shape and secure. If not you could have some random reset issues. Especially if you press both flipper buttons at the same time or when drop targets, etc reset. The board is pretty simple to install and a lot smaller. Make sure you remove the center mounting bracket from the backbox after you remove the old board.
Looks to me like you might have a bad solder joint on the battery holder. Williams machines will come up like this if the nvram is reset due to loss of battery power. Changing the batteies could have caused a weak solder joint to come loose.

I have had other solder issues in the past and since I have other issues presently related to MPU/driver board, I decided to order the Rottendog single board replacement to hopefully solve all my current problems and hopefully prevent most future problems.

Let me know how that works out for you. I used a rottendog board in a Firepower that I had and to worked great. One word of caution. Make sure that the power connector to the new board is in good shape and secure. If not you could have some random reset issues. Especially if you press both flipper buttons at the same time or when drop targets, etc reset. The board is pretty simple to install and a lot smaller. Make sure you remove the center mounting bracket from the backbox after you remove the old board.

Solution
Worked out fine. Solved all of my problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back