Williams Space Odyssey (Williams, 1976) help please

edale3

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
grand prix
Hello all, I just purchased a Williams space odyssey machine that worked but needed a little TLC, one problem I have not been able to figure out (I don't have a schematic) is when the ball goes up the advance bonus chute the machine tilts, can anyone help me with this?
Also does anyone have a nice used back glass for one of these, not sure I want to pay for a new aftermarket at this point.
Thanks

i did own a space mission and am familiar with this problem . the tilt relay is wired to the ball index relay. 10 or 100 points must be scored to pull in the ball index relay before any bonus advance ramp. if you check the manual you will see the N.C. switch on the ball index relay that controls this. so this is normal for the machine to tilt in this way. the ball index relay looks for points scored and pulls in, when the ball drains the machine will go to the next player or the next ball . if no points were scored the machine will stay on the same player same ball. example if the ball doesnt get shot out to the shooter lane and comes back, you wont loose your turn or ball. or if you play a ball and dont get any points you get the ball over again. the ball index relay does this for every player every ball. williams and bally both used this ball index relay system, gottlieb is different they used a 1st ball relay . where only the first player first ball no points had this no penalty. some gottlieb machines you could play a ball and get no points, my orbit and target alpha were like this. my target alpha i added a shooter lane bally coin door switch wired to the 1st ball relay to act like a ball index relay. this mod can only be done with a 1st ball latch/trip relay and not part of a bank latch in relay system.

Thanks for the info, in my case even when I score points it tilts when the advance bonus roll over switch is activated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back