Williams Solved Triple Action (Williams, 1973) help

vipertblck

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
williams
just picked this thing up, worked great at the sellers place, worked great once home and set up. turned on the other day and nothing UNTIL I hit the left flipper button, then it all lit up and was active. ALSO is the rear light behind the glass on the score board always suppose to be illuminated or only when you're playing or scoring?

second issue, the main key by the coin mechanism is missing so I can't get inside, there's a number on the lock. anybody know any where that sells keys if I match the number up?

thanks in advance

Solution
Turning on the machine with the left flipper button is correct. The lights on the playfield come on along with the lights in the head. The lights in the head have their own fuse, so check it and it’s fuse holder. Unless the former owner has the key to send to you, the lock will have to be drilled out, probably cheaper than having a locksmith come out.
That’s a normal thing with William and BAlly games the left flipper energizes the relay switch on 70s EM games there is a way of stopping it google EM game repair I’ll try to send you the website

Turning on the machine with the left flipper button is correct. The lights on the playfield come on along with the lights in the head. The lights in the head have their own fuse, so check it and it’s fuse holder. Unless the former owner has the key to send to you, the lock will have to be drilled out, probably cheaper than having a locksmith come out.

Solution
so it's normal operation for the left flipper switch to be pressed in order to fire the machine after the toggle switch below is turned on? also, should the head lights constantly be on like the playing field, or are they suppose to kinda blink and go along to the bells when points are scored?

as far as the lock, sounds like i'll just drill it out and get a new one to put in

Correct on the left flipper button lighting up the machine. There are bulbs that do blink #455 winker bulbs were sometimes used in the head lighting up the name of the machine, but are rarely used today. Check ,clean and gap the 2 switches on the lock relay that control the lights. And no the lights don’t blink when points are scored or bells ring.

Correct on the left flipper button lighting up the machine. There are bulbs that do blink #455 winker bulbs were sometimes used in the head lighting up the name of the machine, but are rarely used today. Check ,clean and gap the 2 switches on the lock relay that control the lights. And no the lights don’t blink when points are scored or bells ring.

thanks, when I get this thing opened up and can access the inside, is there a schematic somewhere in there that I can find this lock relay; or do I need to get a book in order to really dig into this thing? if so, is there a preferred place to get manuals from?

If the schematic isn’t in the machine, it can be downloaded and printed out from the pinball database site. The relays are identified on a printed strip of paper next to the relays. If a manual isn’t in the machine, you can get them from pinball resource or Marco specialties. Pinball manuals have some good info but having the schematic is more important.

been a while since this has been touched. got it opened up and wanna start oiling thing. I can see joints and pivots on "scoring wheels" that could use oil. but the big "scoring wheels" that basically look like a big spider, it rotates and makes different contacts when it rotates, should these surfaces be clean and dry or have some sort of oil on them. it appears to have a type of oil/grease on it currently; all works ok though.

second, typically when resetting a game it gives you 5 balls and sometimes it'll play out, other times it'll automatically right away before the ball is even shot, give a "tilt" and show only 4 balls remaining. the pendulum that triggers the tilt is NOT making contact during this case, so somehow the tilt disable is taking away one play. sometimes it will just take the whole game away ( 5, 4, 3... balls and all the way down to game over) all due to "tilt".

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: jumpyspider is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back