• Do You Remember Dynaco Kits? No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did You Ever Build A Dynaco Kit ? Yes

• Did You Ever Build A Dynaco Kit ? No

• Total voters
I lost track of this thread.
About Ebay, it depends on the price difference since RS is still online where most of their good stuff remains available. I know that I picked up two 50 disc DVD spindles at the Circuit City closeout for $10 however long ago that was.

It struck me odd that RS did the Chapter 11 as they had just launched in-store "instant repairs" for phones and devices. Then like...Bang! Gone.

Is this the end of radio shack?

Anybody heard of radio shacks 2nd bankruptcy? More stores closings?

no, but the news seems to be filled with this type of stuff: more sears stores closing, ringling bros shutting down their travelling circus (but keeping their original WI location), yahoo being sold off to verizon, etc.

on a side note, i read today that lots of manufacturers apparently produce lower-quality versions of their popular goods for sale exclusively at places like walmart. the boxes are marked the same as usual so people think they're getting the real deal and saving some nice money.

All remaining company-owned stores will close, leaving 400 franchises operating. This I know, not because I'm a Radio Shack groupie, but because after you brought it up, I hit Wikipedia (also, I bought a 'bookshelf' stereo from them in '73). Apparently, Charles Tandy had bought them just a few years prior, and after he died from a heart attack in '78 at a tender 60, the company didn't know what the hell it wanted to do...I gave up reading all of their burgers and impositions (a little levity, there) long before the end; maybe someone with an affinity for opiates could take over.....

Edit / P.S: Just looked at the speakers from that stereo; they display the ARS logo (Allied Radio Shack), where a pair of larger ones I inherited and re-surrounded with new foam kits display Realistic. The '73 tuner-amp works, but the entire FM scale is locked on a single station around 90 to 92 MHz. Good thing baseball is on AM.....

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back