Ye Old Space Station WIP

The station diverter spins around really nice now. I still don't have an animation of the station part, though.

The GI effects are fully functional now.

But what I really need to know at this point is which flashers on the playfield go with which solenoids. I don't think the current table is correct based on the descriptions in the manual. If someone (say Gravitar for example) has access to a real machine and can run the operator test and give me the results (description or a video), let me know. Thanks.

Well, the table is shaping up pretty well at this point. I would still like to hear about the flashers from an owner, but I've taken a guess for now.

All GI effects are fully functional now, but I do need to know what the pop bumpers are connected to GI-wise.

I've made a back_glass backdrop (see screenshot) and so now the major bit I need is a moving station animation. The game should be ready for playtesting. I might post a beta on my web page tomorrow or something since I have to get back to moving and painting, etc.

Hmm, here's the screenshot:

Attachments

• preview_08_843.jpg
    preview_08_843.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 658
I hope the guess was close to the manual description.
Anyway this looks really nice at the low size. The flashers look real, are they? JK That solid dark ramp looks nice too, apron, you get all the cool pics, or work your butt off making them.
Can I playtest it?

Well, right now if you leave the Station Reel in place, you can't see the diverter move and the station doesn't move either (hopefully Gravitar can deliver on the station reel footage he mentioned at Pinball Nirvana, but I'm not going to hold my breath).

If you move or delete the station reel, you can watch the diverter underneath spin around (so right now it's either a stationary station or moving diverter).

The table still has a few minor graphic things to sort out (like the GI drop walls cut off the one wire ramp end for instance), but I probably won't be able to sort them out this weekend, maybe not even for a couple of weeks if this move keeps me busy enough.

I'll probably release the beta for people to play with tomorrow some time.

Attachments

• preview_09_139.jpg
    preview_09_139.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 658
I have a 17meg file consisting of the Station Rotating at different angles just waiting for a place to put it so you can use it. Pics of the upper PF should appear in your emailbox within the hour.

GravitaR

I've got the pics, but I don't have internet access at my new house yet and won't have it until next week plus a lot of time will be going into organizing the house for awhile.

Just read the above posts. Info and files will be appearing soon.

GravitaR

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back