Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) VP8 v3.0 4x3 Scapino 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) VP8 v3.0 4x3 Scapino
by Kurt Herman AKA Scapino
IPD No. 874

This was the first multilevel game I re-created.
This update allows the use of 2 different rom sets. The original Squawk and Talk set, and the Vocalizer set. Make the choice of rom with the "G" key, and quit and restart the table.
And make sure you have both roms in your roms folder. The table will default to the original Squawk and Talk Rom.
Thanks to Gaston, Kristian for their previous VPM verion of Flash Gordon.
Thanks to Guru for scanning an english version of the manual.

Revision History:
Second Release v3.0 8-25-2009

The whole table is animated now, and I've added support for both the Squawk and Talk rom,
and the Vocalizer rom sets.

This version was built in VP 8, and It seems to work fine in VP 9 as well, though the physics are different.

I am currently working on a 16:9 cabinet version, just as I did with Mata Hari.

First Release v2.0 12-1-2002

Heres my take on Ballys Flash Gordon. Once again its fully rendered and modeled.

I added a "Glass" sound,and a little ball hop, when you hit a good solid ramp shot.

When I was working on making Mings face flash, in the video window plastic, I got I silly idea.
So, I added a "Bonk" mode. You can turn it on or off from the adjustment menu.

I wont tell you what it is, all I can say is, with "Bonk" mode on, watch Mings video screen
when you shoot a ball through a spinner, with its arrow lit. :)

The original game was also a curious hybrid for Bally. It still had the dip switches for adjustments,
but they added adjustments via registers also, like Eight Ball Champ, allthough they hadn't got around to adding the extra keypad yet.

So some of the game play adjustments are done through the dips, and others through the registers.

I put in a hybrid adjustment system, similar to the one in my Eight Ball Champ table, but without the keypad,
and WITH the graphic dip setter, that I used in Future Spa and SuperSonic.

This release requires VP6 or better, and VPM 1.20 or better.
Rules:
1 to 4 FLASH GORDON INSTRUCTIONS FOR
CAN PLAY AMUSEMENT ONLY

LIGHTING 1-2-3 ARROWS LITES MINI BONUS FOR 50,000 AND SAUCER FOR 2X

DROPPING 1-2-3 TARGETS 3 TIMES LITES TOP BUMPER FOR 5000, AND ADVANCES TOP TARGET VALUE. TARGET SPECIAL SCORES EXTRA BALL OR 50,000.

BALL SHOOTER LANE ROLLOVER SCORES SUPER BONUS WHEN SINGLE TARGET IS DROPPED.

LIGHTING AMBER,YELLOW,BLUE AND WHITE BUTTONS NEXT TO THE 4 DROP TARGETS, 2 RIGHT TARGETS AND FLIPPER RETURN LANES LITES SUPER BONUS FOR 100,000 AND SAUCER FOR FOR 3X.

DROPPING 4 DROP TARGETS FOUR TIMES ADVANCES SAUCER VALUE AND LITES SPINNERS. 5TH TIME LITES OUTLANES FOR SPECIAL TO SCORE EXTRA BALL OR 50,000

BALL IN SAUCER WHEN 2X OR 3X ARE LIT LITES 15 SECONDS TO INCREASE PLAYFIELD SCORES 2X OR 3X. WHEN BOTH ARE LIT 5X VALUE IS SCORED.

SUPER BONUS MULTIPLIERS ARE LIT AS INDICATED ON PLAYFIELD.

SUPER AND MINI BONUS SCORES ARE COLLECTED IN OUTHOLE.

MAXIMUM - 1 EXTRA BALL PER BALL IN PLAY.

TILT PENALTY - BALL IN PLAY.
ROM------------------>
  • FlashGordonScreen.jpg
    FlashGordonScreen.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 96
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back