Production:
1,050 units (confirmed)​
Serial Number Database:
Theme:
Historical​
Specialty:
Zipper Flippers [?]
Notable Features:
Zipper flippers (2), Pop bumpers (3), Mushroom bumpers (4), Slingshots (2), Rollover buttons (11), Kick-out hole (1), Mini-bagatelle on playfield, Left drop lane, Right outlane ball return gate.

Maximum displayed point score is 99,999 points per player.

Replay wheel maximum: 25

Sound: 1 bell, knocker
Design by:
Art by:
Notes:
The manufacturer produced the backglasses in both crystal glass and Plexiglas.

In 2007, an Early Production game with serial number 1001 was located in the Netherlands. Serial number 1001 would be the first Joust made. It is pictured here alongside another Joust having a later production serial number of 1485. The owner stated there are no backglass, playfield, cabinet, or gameplay differences between the two games. However, the backbox of #1001 has a third cable connector plug coming from the main cabinet that the later one does not have. It does not have the relay located above the replay mechanism that the later one does have. The owner had no information for these extra differences in #1001 except to comment that the 2nd player unit had a lot of wires that may have needed the third connector plug.

In The Pinball Compendium 1970-1981 page 14, Jim Patla stated that, as Ted Zale's "pupil", he helped Zale with the design of this game. Patla considers Bally's 1970 '4 Queens' as his first game as a designer.​
  • Flyer.jpg
    Flyer.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Cabin.jpg
    Cabin.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 131

Latest reviews

Plays well, looks good, I really like it.

Corrections that could be made?

1. When the Zipper Flippers are moved to upper position and the ball drains out in right side, the ball can not go down past the right ZipperFlipper (Flipper2) and drain, no matter if the flipper button is pressed or not. You have to tilt the game to a halt, to move on. I adjusted my Flipper1 and Flipper2 Position Y 1 mm up and Position X 1 mm towards the centre. That did it for me.

2. The bumpers do not score points. That is because the Script in line 603, 610 and 617 are calling the wrong name. They call for bumper1 bumper2 and bumper3, but in the layout af the table they are the bulbs. The bumpers are called Bum1, Bum2 and Bum3. So the right lines should be:
Line 603 Sub Bum1_Hit()
Line 610 Sub Bum2_Hit()
Line 617 Sub Bum3_Hit()
That works for me. :-)
Upvote 0
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back