Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983)

VPX Taito SS Recreation Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983) v1.01 PUP and Non-PUP

No permission to download
Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983) v1.01 PUP and Non-PUP (VPX7.2 Required)
by Xenonph and HiRez00

Original VPX table by JPSalas
Graphics and Animations by HiRez00
Backglass and Wheels by HiRez00
Gunstar Ship 3D Toy by DonRutler
Sounds and extra lighting by Xenonph

This is a graphics and sound mod of Fire Action De Lux (Taito 1983) v4.0.
IPD No. 4552

THIS TABLE IS DEDICATED TO MY BROTHER DAN!!!

This table is based on a SciFi movie named "The Last Starfighter" made in 1983.
While TRON stole most of the thunder just the year before for groundbreaking special effects, The Last Starfighter was made with the best special effect technology at the time.
It is also a great story!! What video game junkies only dream about!!
Being recruited to a space force because you are good at playing a video game!!!
(I am still waiting for Skywalker to come pick me up, as I am a damn good X-Wing pilot on Playstation!! lol)
Anyways, Video Game master gets recruited to spaceforce, saves the world and possibly the galaxy!!
Who wouldn't love it!!

There are 2 versions available.
All of the following changes are on both versions, except the Pup version has animated apron videos.

v1.01 PUP
Moved the "holes" for the right slingshot from the playfield, to under right slingshot.
Added a lighting effect "under" the explosions animations.
Added holes and wood areas in the playfield under the 6 targets.
Added a very light "shadow" to the playfield art for the plastics.
Re-worked the apron preparing it for the pup version.
Translated the instruction card to english and moved it to the right.
Shifted some art around on the apron to accommodate.
Added "white" under the plastics on the playfield, and adjusted some lights to line up in the holes.
Made the wire thickness of the roll-overs thinner.
Ball Shadows were playing on exact same plane as playfield, so script was editted and there is no flickering now.
Added Pup Videos that are played on the apron. Put the pup pack in your PupVideos folder.

v1.0
Added 156 sound FX and Music.
Added Fluppers Flashers.
Backwall graphics can be toggled with the Buy-In key. (2 key)
LUT's toggled with Left and Right Magna-Save keys.
DonRutler made the 3D Gunstar Ship.
HiRez00 added 2 explosion animations and did all graphics.
An animated Apron version is in the works so stay tuned!

Acknowledgements and Thanks:
I first would like to thank JPSalas for allowing mods without permission. (I asked his permission anyways)
I would also like to thank him for making a great table!!!
This table was made in the same year as the movie!!
I used his version 4.0 for this mod.
There is much more important info on original download page.
He put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!

JPSalas Original Table...

Find ROM here...(Uses Fire Action Deluxe ROM "fireactd" )

IPDB...

I would also like to thank HiRez00 for doing all of the graphics on everything, including Backglass, DT backdrop, Playfield, Apron, Plastics, Backwalls, and Wheels!! And all of the animations!! Also the Pup Videos!! He did a great job!! HUGE THANKS!!

I would also like to thank DonRutler for making the Gunstar Ship 3D toy!! Excellent job!! Can't thank you enough!!

I also would like to thank Flupper for his great Flasher resource table!!

I would also like to thank Thalamus for telling me how to use resource tables!!

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script!

I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
(They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)

I would also like to thank DJRobX for showing me example of flasher script command for flasher placement in FS mode.

I also would like to thank STAT for his "Team Change script", which my script is based on.

I also would like to thank Steve "Slydog43" for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

Place LStarfighter folder in your music folder located where you installed Visual Pinball.

Be sure to restart table after starting table for first time as flippers may stick on first start of table on your setup.
(You should do this with all new tables you are trying out for first time to avoid weird table behaviour.)

All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only..
Some of the media used to create this are freely available on the net and I consider my work as non profit fan art.
This table should be considered as fan art, and therefore should be covered under the fair usage act.
STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE OR DISTRIBUTION. PLEASE DO NOT RE-DISTRIBUTE.

BY DOWNLOADING THIS FILE; YOU AGREE TO NOT RE-HOST, RE-PACKAGE OR RE-DISTRIBUTE IN ANY FORM THE ZIP FILE, OR THE CONTENTS OF THE ZIP FILE.

(WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS!!! MAY CAUSE SEIZURE!!! USE AT OWN RISK!!)

Hope you enjoy!!
ROM------------------>
  • tlsf-desktop.jpg
    tlsf-desktop.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 337
  • tlsf-fullscreen.jpg
    tlsf-fullscreen.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 295
  • tlsf-backglass.jpg
    tlsf-backglass.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983) v1.01a.PNG
    Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983) v1.01a.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 214
  • Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983) v1.01b.PNG
    Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983) v1.01b.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 334
  • 2023-03-10 06-55-11.mp4
    47.5 MB

Latest updates

1. Last Starfighter, The (Taito, 1983)

There are 2 versions available. All of the following changes are on both versions, except the...

Latest reviews

Such a good looking table and nostalgia, oh my!
xenonph
xenonph
Thanks!
Upvote 1
Awesome table. I just tried the PUP version. Never used PUP before. This is the best table I've seen. Amazing.
xenonph
xenonph
Thanks!
Upvote 0
Damn, that looks especially amazing in desktop view. Like something I'd want as my background!

I'll try this as soon as I can, but in the meantime, I want to suggest adding it as one of the site's featured resources.
xenonph
xenonph
Thanks! I added it to featured resources!
Upvote 0
Great table, thank you for your work! Tough one - I see lots of play on it.
xenonph
xenonph
Thank you, and you are welcome!
Upvote 0
nice
xenonph
xenonph
Thanks!
Upvote 0
I really wasn't expecting this one so soon but I'm glad it was released.
It's fun to play with great visuals, music and sound. This one does trigger a trip down memory lane.
xenonph
xenonph
I actually had this done, but then I started on the Apron Animation. Ran into problems with it freezing the table. So a Pup version will be released in the near future, with the Apron Animation.
Upvote 0
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back