Phantom of the Opera (Data East, 1990)

Data East SS Recreation FP Phantom of the Opera (Data East, 1990) v1.2w

No permission to download
by DRAKKO, francisco666, thorgeist, Titomartinez, Wahnsinniger
at 2013-08-15
Type Recreation (real pinball)
Manufacturer Data East Pinball, Incorporated (1986-1994)
Date 1990-01
IPD No. 1777

Video
Info
This is an update to the initial 1.0 Phantom of the Opera table by DRAKKO, francisco666, thorgeist, Titomartinez.

Some disclaimers:

* I haven't played the real machine in years, so I had to base these revisions off of Youtube videos.

* The original authors did an awesome job. This being one of two tables I actually played growing up, I am nostaglic for it and want to bring it closer to being perfect.

* Don't know if/when I would continue with any of the remaining potential work below. Thus I have also attached the Paint.Net files that I used for backglass work, in case anyone else wanted to continue with it in the future.

# Version 1.2W changes #

* Darkened several textures on the lo-black version to match the rest of the table.

* Revised playfield lighting and backglass flickering for the random-feature at the start of every ball, magic mirror, match sequence, and organ open.

* Added additional backglass lights that flash based on the pop bumbers.

* Added both a HUD DMD and a Translite DMD. The HUD DMD and HUD Alphanumeric display can be toggled with the HUD key (default '`'). The Translite DMD is hidden far down on the translite screen. You need to drag it back up to use it.

* Fixed Trap Door 5X Multiplier award not working.

* Further revised match sequence

* Applied changes to hi-res, lo-res non-black versions as well.

# Version 1.1W changes (versus original 1.0) #

* Revised match sequence heavily, to match the audio and display the correct notes

* Added flickering lights to the backglass (see the image section) during the match sequence and attract sequences

* Added missing audio for ramp, lost ball, and closed organ

* Removed DMD in favor of the segment display, as I found having both distracting

* Hides the segment display and focuses on the backbox during the match sequence

* I may have increased the plunger strength so that the table can handle Physics 2.5 (but I have otherwise not made any physics-related changes)

* Fixed flickering during match sequence caused by the jackpot timer trying to display information

# Remaining Potential Improvements #

* I believe there is additional backglass flickering that occurs during gameplay.

* The backglass match sequence is still not precise

* I think there are still missing audio samples

* I think the organ open/closing needs to be tweaked slightly

* Merge the three table versions into a single .fpt table, and use libraries instead for the different textures.

* Create a hi-res, black version of the table.

Mods of this table :
Zedpinball Physics 1.1: Phantom of the Opera 1.2W

This table is a mod of :
Phantom of the Opera 1.0
  • 41458.png
    41458.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 41460.png
    41460.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 41462.png
    41462.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Author
Wahnsinniger
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back