Pin Hockey (Original) VP8 by Ken Miller

VP8 Original Table Pin Hockey (Original) VP8 by Ken Miller (project table)

No permission to download
Pin Hockey (Original) VP8 (project table)
by Ken Miller

For some reason the author didn't use any imagery, but you can add in the attachments to help dress up the game. Note this can be played in VP8 (and maybe later VP versions), except that the keys default to the standard 'shift & nudge' set.

The biggest problem, however, is that the gameplay simply isn't very good. For one thing, there's too much 'dead puck time' at the moment. Either more flippers need to be added, or maybe some kind of randomiser could be used to alter the puck's velocity (and direction?) when it's detected to be dawdling in the same direction for too long. That shouldn't be too hard by sampling velocity with help from a timer.

I think it would also make more sense if the goalie was represented by a movable wall rather than flippers, controlled by the same keys. That would make for an interesting little challenge in coordinating offense and defense, as seen in an arcade classic like Hat Trick and it's 4-player sequel.

So at the moment, I'd call this an interesting little template to improve upon, but if you're not interested in fiddling around, I'd recommend one of these, instead: --@Ike Savage

- PinAirHockey for VP8
- Tabletop Hockey (Munro, 1932-'33) for VP8
- Table Hockey for FP
  • ken hockey.jpg
    ken hockey.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 168
  • hockey rink.istockphoto-612x612.rotate.jpg
    hockey rink.istockphoto-612x612.rotate.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 141
  • germany.jpg
    germany.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 142
Author
Not Registered
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from

Latest updates

1. Did a test-drive and added some notes & images

Someone may want to play around with this, so I'll leave it in the VP archive for now.
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back