Space Mission (Williams, 1976) v1.1
IPD No. 2253
IPD No. 2253
NOTES:Table by Denis & Popotte
MOD UNAUTHORIZED WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHORS
You can toggle (by the toggle HUD key) the HUD reel.
You access to the adjustment menu by the Special2Key.
RULES:* Insert coin and wait for machine to reset before inserting coin for next player.
* Each player shoots one ball at a time as indicated on back glass.
* Tilt penalty - Ball in Play - tilt does not disqualify player.
* Making A, B or C lites ejetc holes.
* Eject holes, when lit, lite double bonus.
* When A, B or C is lit, position of swinging target increases spinner value and lites extra ball rollover lane at top of playfield.
* Making A, B AND C lites bottom rollovers lanes alternately for 1 REPLAY.
* Matching last two numbers in score to number that appears on back glass, after game is over, scores 1 REPLAY.
Date Of Manufacture: January, 1976 Production: 11,652 units (confirmed) Notable Features:
Design by: Art by: Christian Marche Notes:
The 2-Player version of this game is Williams' 1976 'Space Odyssey'.
Steve Kordek told us that the backglass art was derived from a picture he obtained from NASA. The picture surely was of the painting made by noted space artist Robert McCall (1919-2010) which can be seen here.
Tom Cahill, former Service Manager for Williams, told us that approximately 200 Space Mission games were made with steel cabinets.