Starlight (Durable Toy & Novelty Corp., 1950's) VP9

VP9 Flipperless Recreation Starlight (Durable Toy & Novelty Corp., 1950's) VP9 v1.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Starlight
By tiltjlp for VP9.

StarLight is a home sale bagatelle made by the Durable Toy & Novelty Corp. of New York City. It measures 23" x 14 1/4" and was probably made in the 1950-60s. It is fairly unusual in that it is a looping bagatelle.

There were very few home-sale looping bagatelles made, and when you play this game, you'll understand why. Because of the long distance the ball has to travel to enter the playfield, a lot of energy and momentum is lost. So much so that sometimes the ball doesn't make it to the playfield at all. For this reason a lost ball is returned for replay, although you do lose points.

I think Starlight is one of the best looking bagatelles I have ever seen, and am looking for more of their games to see if the quality and good looks continued in other games. In spite of the problems looping and figure 8 games have, playing them is a fun challenge, and nudging can help increase your score, I have made the bottom scoriing cup a Doubler, although I'm not sure if the shot can be made. I found that holding down the launch key for a few seconds seems to help build momentum for the ball.
  • Starlight ( Durable Toy & Novelty Corp., 1950's) VP9.PNG
    Starlight ( Durable Toy & Novelty Corp., 1950's) VP9.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back