Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Future Pinball > Future Pinball WIPs

Future Pinball WIPs Post information regarding any Future Pinball Project.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:50 PM
Pinball Wizard

shiva has a spectacular aura aboutshiva has a spectacular aura about

Depends on the image. I used about 4 different images for the leaves, as none of them were enough to fill in the sides, so I had to find and use multiple images and then spend the time to get them to "match". A lot of work with the photoshop filters, which I had to learn on the fly. Some layers were small cutouts of a leaf or 2 to fill in any large gaps.

The main image was very good, but it's more vertical than horizontal (comic book image) It was getting the size right, especially since the displays were 9 digit and not 7 (for the scrolling text and I like using big words) and then cutting out each section (like the Parrots) and place them properly in the image, and then redraw in the areas that were cut out and fill them in with art. (my GF noticed this, but I will be moving the flying parrot to the left side from the right, a blue parrot on a blue background was not a great idea) I had a problem with the width, it was too small so had to add a border and the leaves, and extended the sides every so slightly.

I also use different duplicate layers but with blends, like the overlay and soft light blend, especially on the leaves, as well as liberal use of the vibrance, smart sharpen, liquify and oil painting tools. Resources were a bit limited, but then I wanted to learn so I guess worth the effort. Sure learned a lot of new things the last few months, maybe in another 15 years if I decide to do another original table, I can remember some of this stuff..

I do admit it's rather a excessive amount of work though for a table that may be downloaded 450 times total.

FaceBook Page for all my Rants,raves and projects
https://www.facebook.com/paul.sanderson.3745496
Next project: fpxEngine.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiva For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (01-08-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 03:44 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like fun, for the most part!

I haven't messed with PS / PSlite for 10+ years, but did enjoy all the cool tools and filters. Unfortunately joint pain curtailed such projects pretty sharply. But speaking of filters, if I started producing art again, I'd have to give a serious think towards what degree the typical piece would be real-life vs digital. For example, some of the paper pixelations that took me months to finish could probably be done about as well with a couple filters, now. Zoiks.

Btw, taking a closer look at JG's layout, I'm kind of worried / dubious about those lower two bumpers. I could see some seriously jumpy / random / frustrating play arising out of the interplay between those, the slingshots, the flippers, and the outlanes. I'm thinking some posts surrounding the lower portions of those bumpers might clear up a lot of that, though. Maybe.

I guess you gave the PF a good, thorough test before moving on to the art, though?
Old 01-09-2020, 05:11 PM
Pinball Wizard

Been playing it for a year now.

Actually plays quite well. There's a peg on the left to prevent the ball going down the drain lane, the other side is closed off with a gate. The bumpers are up quite high, the idea came from viking, I raised my bumpers up to prevent that. The drains are very easy to save by the way, most of the time I lose the ball between the flippers.

In the first design, had 2 small posts and a single target in front, but the play was quite bad. The actual big problem is the inline targets to the player, very dangerous shot. Keeping people on their toes.

Yeah, this has been fun doing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to shiva For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (01-09-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 12:30 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

*Fistbump*, Shiva.

Look forward to seeing it!
Old 01-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Pinball Wizard

So am I, keep finding bugs in the code though. sigh