Tutorial 20degree Control Ball in Game of FuturePinball Guide

I have to study more the free soft Gimp (Gnu Image Manupulation Program). I use more online free softwares and none online free software. That's how i have made images that was put into the pages of the guides. It's important for me to be honest and legal. The tools i use and have used in the past that i dont have anymore, i do think there are all legal.

Long time ago i have used trial softwares, that i believe that i dont have any more. I have contacted recently Adobe to buy the softwares into Adobe Creative Suit CS2 for Windows, because long time ago i liked this software; and would like to have it for a unlimited time of use and legally. But it seem that it's not available anymore. They have told me that i could use the Adobe CS6 Master and they would give just for me a 30 days trial, rather than just a 15 days trial for other peoples. But i have writen them, that it's important for me to use much more and have a license to use it in my e-mail.

With Gimp i can save and export the image as if it was an Adobe Photoshop images. But because it's been quite some time i have not used Gimp and with the new version. I must watch many video tutorials of Gimp. The thing i must learn that maybe peoples could indicate me some step by step youtube videos is with Gimp....

How to "crop" an image, some peoples would say to simply frame what i want of the image. How to know at what resolution the image is and what size it is. How to export the image into some size and some amount of resolution; so that the images in the guides dont loose too much quality. How to optimise the images for books, guides and for the web. Things about the colors as RGB, or CYMB, or Web Hexadecimal colors. There are so many questions about Gimp.

I think also once i understand much more Gimp and how to manipulate it for the images. I could maybe also create a Milkshape3D guide in french. I still have the e-mail from Mete Ciragan from Milkshape3D that i can do printscreens of the software; to make guides for free or even commercially. But first thing first, i must know more Gimp. At leass my first step by step postings here about knowing how to control the ball in game is fine.

Because my brain is slow, it take my self a lot of time to memorize and to understand things like Gimp and others. Even i get tired and sleepy in front of the screen, because it take my self a lot of energy. The same things happen to me for other things i learn, probably because of the coma i had in the past when a car hitted me when i was crossing a street. It's not that i dont want to help, it's all the energy it take to me. But on the more then 7 billions of peoples on earth, i must not be the only one that is like that. This beside my ways of life, like the hours i work in the week, groceries, pay bills, cleaning and so on. I hope that you understand?

It's hard for me when peoples learn things quick and fast, when me it take time and exaust my self. When peoples understand things easy, when it take a lot of time for me. Id like to be as great and quick and smart as many peoples out there.

A+
Hey 20degree! I've not used GIMP personally as it seemed more complicated that I'd want. I do use Paint.Net and feel it is very easy to learn and use. You can get Paint.NET at their web site: https://www.getpaint.net/ (Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing)

Make sure and not buy Paint.NET from the Microsoft Store since you can download it freely and take printscreen images of their software!

Try it out and feel free to DM (direct message here in the pinballnirvana site) if you have questions on using that software!

-mark

Thank's for your help. I now have some Adobe Softwares that is buyed from Ebay. I have asked a friend to buy it for me, so i can use it for my guides. It is the Adobe Creative Suite 2, more commonly known as Adobe Creative Suite CS2 (Creative Suite 2). There is a lot of discs, because of the many softwares that it have. I can do great images with it to put into the pages of the guides.

One thing for sure it's always important for me to give my many thank's to the peoples that have helped me trough time. Some peoples still help me to do great things and have great things. Who knows maybe i'll die of the covid, but i take all my precautions; so it's really is important for me to let peoples know my appreciations for everythings. Because without all of your good help and good intentions, i could not do the great things that i do. Many thank's!

I am now working on the mini free pdf guide about Controling the ball. But it is not a guide that indicate you how to subscribe to Pinsimdb to have the Dinput8 file, that help you control the ball in game.

Once again, many thank's. A+

@Ike Savage
You can put it back if you want to the section "Tutorials & Guides". Since the free pdf guide about controling the ball is finished. I have also put the same guide link on the website of Gopinball, into the section (Tutorials & How To); then the sub section "Beginners Guide by 20degree". Just in case if there is people that find it by there also.

Thank's for your time and help. A+

@Ike Savage
You can put it back if you want to the section "Tutorials & Guides". Since the free pdf guide about controling the ball is finished. I have also put the same guide link on the website of Gopinball, into the section (Tutorials & How To); then the sub section "Beginners Guide by 20degree". Just in case if there is people that find it by there also.

Thank's for your time and help. A+
Done!

Thanks for completing that. :)

I'm glad to help peoples. It have taken me time, because of my ways of life; this beside i had asked a friend of mine to buy for me the Adobe Creative Suite 2. Commonly known as Adobe CS2. It's important for me to have and use free or paid legal softwares. I have tryed to understand Gimp, but the online tutorials, even the video tutorials; i found it not clear enough as my step by step guides.

I can even create free pdf guides about some Adobe softwares. This because long time ago, i have done a live chat support on Adobe website; then asked to have a copy of the conversation. Into the conversation i asked if yes or no i can do printscreens to explain some Adobe softwares. The support person had told me: yes that i can.

Still the thank's goes more to the peoples that surround me, that helped me into life; so i can do and have many things. This help me for many good and great things that i can do and can have. Like helping other peoples; with my free pdf guides. I think that my guides help peoples to do great and good things. The many peoples comments also indicate me that my guides are of great and good use. Once again, many thank's.

Here is a file to have for Future Pinball called:
Dinput8

It came from:

I don't know why but I don't need the Dinput8.dll file to use the roller ball. Popotte posted it on PinSimDB and I recall he used to use a European version of Windows that may not have everything the other versions of Windows have. So that could be the reason the file might be needed. Other than that, I have it set up the same as your guide says.

I'm in Portugal using windows 10 since it came out and I don't recall ever needing that for manual ball control.
It just works. I always had windows pro so maybe it is needed for Windows home but it doesn't make much sense, not nowadays at least.

It's needed for non english versions (sure for W7, don't know for W10).

That explains it then. I never needed it because I always use software in English

Well on some computer it need the dll file and on some it dont need at all. Still i simply have indicated to have, so if a person have the file or mostly not have the dll file; in both ways the indications should help for all.

@AnonTet Thank's for the thumb-up

Now when i have the time i try to create an other guide but with Bam. I try to figure out first "navigating into" bam many menus. Like if you press "Enter Key" on this menu on that (text X); then it should go on this other menu. Some kind of (driving indications) for all peoples. So that the user know that doing this, then it goes to this other menu.

I'll need help to understand the many functions of each menu, and later on understand "more advance" to script related to Bam. My intentions for this new guide about FP with Bam, is to put my self into many beginner peoples shoes; that "start from scratch" with Bam. When i indicate "start from scratch", i indicate to know how to create his/her on Bam configurations; without starting from some peoples configuration file. Why doing so? Well first my self with Bam am a beginner that learn. Also i want to make peoples understand how peoples had created there own Bam configurations and with what free softwares. The other reason to do so is that, some Bam configurations file could be of good use for some peoples; but that does not mean it is good for all peoples.

Because giving some "digging" informations, can give a better understanding of the depts of the logics; rather that simply taking peoples files and not understanding deep there files. It gonna take me long time to do so, to understand by digging. But it's important for me as a beginner to understand the mechanics of the logics. With many informations i can put my self more into beginners shoes, and give more details deep explications; this will certainly rise peoples interrest into Bam. I know that my guides are easy to understand, peoples have writen me that the ways i explain things and give orientations is great; compared beside some learning books that are said for beginners.

But as always to be modest the thank's dont goes to my self, the thank's goes more to the peoples that have helped me trough time. I just want to do good things for the peoples, this when i have the time of course; because of my ways of life.

A+

@AnonTet Thank's for the thumb-up

Now when i have the time i try to create an other guide but with Bam. I try to figure out first "navigating into" bam many menus. Like if you press "Enter Key" on this menu on that (text X); then it should go on this other menu. Some kind of (driving indications) for all peoples. So that the user know that doing this, then it goes to this other menu.

I'll need help to understand the many functions of each menu, and later on understand "more advance" to script related to Bam. My intentions for this new guide about FP with Bam, is to put my self into many beginner peoples shoes; that "start from scratch" with Bam. When i indicate "start from scratch", i indicate to know how to create his/her on Bam configurations; without starting from some peoples configuration file. Why doing so? Well first my self with Bam am a beginner that learn. Also i want to make peoples understand how peoples had created there own Bam configurations and with what free softwares. The other reason to do so is that, some Bam configurations file could be of good use for some peoples; but that does not mean it is good for all peoples.

Because giving some "digging" informations, can give a better understanding of the depts of the logics; rather that simply taking peoples files and not understanding deep there files. It gonna take me long time to do so, to understand by digging. But it's important for me as a beginner to understand the mechanics of the logics. With many informations i can put my self more into beginners shoes, and give more details deep explications; this will certainly rise peoples interrest into Bam. I know that my guides are easy to understand, peoples have writen me that the ways i explain things and give orientations is great; compared beside some learning books that are said for beginners.

But as always to be modest the thank's dont goes to my self, the thank's goes more to the peoples that have helped me trough time. I just want to do good things for the peoples, this when i have the time of course; because of my ways of life.

A+

I would be interested in editing the guide like we collaborated on one of your previous guides. I can fix your English and maybe offer a few suggestions.

You can copy and paste what ever you would like out of these two guides:

Here is the background image look of the guide i am creating. Of course help would be very nice as it will speed up the guide. But i dont know how to put it some place so that peoples can do modifications. But i will have some rules about the guide, it's possible that peoples dont like my rules.

fp_bam_guide_bckgrnd04.jpg

Rules as:
That the guide, i will want to oriented it as i would like. Some kind of captain that give orientations to some boat and the peoples.
(Many peoples i know would prefer to oriente the guide as they want, but my knowledges of visualizing things can give different views)
It's important for me that it is oriented as i would like. Like some peoples would like there work goes in some directions.
I know that many peoples could and maybe wont like it that i give orientations. But with time you'll notice the ways i'm thinking.
Still i am open minded for suggestions, but it's possible that i would not like.

It is 'important' that it is explained in many details and easy to understand for all. Let me put it this way.....
If you would be some father/mother what would be the ways you would teach your (6-12 years) kids?
When you have been a (6 - 12 years) kid, what ways you liked that your parent teach you?
Me when i have created my many free pdf guides, i have put my self in the shoes of parents who teach and also of kids that learn.
Why? Simply because if you want that your teaching reach the most peoples, you must put your self in the shoes of peoples as i did.

There should also be an external text file in "utf-8" format called: contributors.txt
So that a link from the guide to this online file that peoples can read and modify also. This file can have some name or/and nickname, maybe a link to some website of them. Brief give some credits is important for my self. As peoples have known me trough time, i always have givin credits to the peoples. It's like when you see some movie and you see the names that have contributed to the movie at the end.

The peoples that help to change the file should use the software OpenOffice and other legal softwares.

The images should be at leass of graphic quality of 96dpi (dot per inch), because this format is good when zooming the pages, and not too much big for the weight of the files.

I'm pretty sure i'll have other rules. Now i am creating the OpenOffice file and make fiew things before putting it online. But i dont have some online share space as github or something as that, i dont have the knowledges how to have this kind of online drive to share. So that peoples can do modifications on the OpenOffice file.

A+

You're the captain. You can attach it to any post. I suggest the *.rtf format. I think OpenOffice can save files that way and anyone can open it.

A recommendation, I use the HelpNDoc program for the fpxManual. You can make manuals in multiple formats (chm, pdf,html) and is quite good for features and is free. It also has nice code support as well.
The other nice thing is it saves in it's own project format, so you can send it to others for collaboration work that also includes images, and has some pretty powerful extras.
If you have seen the manual for fpxEngine, (chm file like the fp manual) it's pretty good looking. Making custom templates for the pages if you need to is pretty easy. If you can make a basic web page, you shouldn't have any problem with this.

Thank's for the tip about HelpNDoc. Gonna check the soft when i'll have time for personnal use. The thing that i will do before configuring and programming my OpenOffice file for all, is simply a OpenOffice pdf guide that will give tips for peoples with some indications.

Hope that it will help many peoples know how to create there own writings, with or without some background image.

Here is the forum discussion about the guide to know how to use OpenOffice text document:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/tutorial-how-to-create-your-own-openoffice-text-document.20695/ (Tutorial, How to create your own OpenOffice text document)

A+

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back