"66" (Globe Manufacturing Co., 1934) VPX

VPX Flipperless Recreation "66" (Globe Manufacturing Co., 1934) VPX v1.0a

No permission to download

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
druadic submitted a new resource:

"66", 1934 by Globe Manufacturing Co. for VPX - "66" VPX

A brand new table for VPX. Complete REDRAW and play testing / tweaking that took over four weeks. This is a CHALLENGING table. SPECIAL THANX to Carl Tanner for some amazing screenshots! This "slide in" board fit different machines. IPDB has very little information on this one and has not a single image so it makes this board quite RARE. PS: PLEASE read the table information before play. Thank you and enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

Here is the ORIGINAL table image I had to work with. YIKES.66 ORIGINAL PF IMAGE.jpg

Here is the ORIGINAL table image I had to work with. YIKES.
Pixel-wise it actually looks pretty good to me, but I see what you mean about having to straighten it. Then there's the uneven lighting, of course.

Bravo for re-creating this rarity!

I didn't think I would ever get it to come out right at all thanks to all the pin removal (every single one of them were bent and the shadows really destroyed the painted lines / colors around the point holes), the outer wood (orange) was not exactly original but I left it in. The shadows along each side of the inner wood was so screwed up so I had to replace the screws. The center point area was a massive mess actually. I had to redraw around each and every single point number. I had to redraw everything around the upper grey colored part. The OUT and the 500 point hole above it were not easy to keep track of via balls, especially the 500 point hole that shows the 3000 point hole above it. Only four balls could fit in that and five balls for the out hole. Also if a ball came down it could actually bounce on the lowest pins of the play field and enter the 500 point hole so I had to keep track of scoring carefully; if a ball scored the 500 points then fell to the OUT hole, the 500 points had to be removed so I used triggers just at the right place to keep track of this.

A LOT is going on across this board / table. I redrew the upper left spring bouncer to look exactly like the original. I found a nice Rockola plunger cover but had to redraw parts of it to look authentic. As for the apron (where the original label would have been and no one seems to have sadly), I had to guess or
approximate the length of it for authenticity. Once the table I was done I verified it with Carl who gave it a thumbs up. I think that about did it.

Worst part was all the repainting via pixel by pixel (yes, I STILL like to work this way because it's easier to blend strange colors from the 30's and 40's tables that had some STRANGE color schemes) but I THINK I got it to come out just about right. It sure is fun to play too!

Enjoy folks.

PS: Carl Tanner sent me other images to look at from different angles so I could get this table near as perfect as possible. By no means is it perfect but I am a stickler for detail. If it doesn't look like a decent copy of the original and I have no other images to see different parts of the play field then I just don't want to release something that is "half assed". If I make a table and it just doesn't look or play right I won't release it. I can't stand blurry or non redrawn play field images. Blending of walls and everything else across the play field is also another thing that should be common sense; I won't release a table without these being looked at scrupulously. Sorry, just can't release junk :)

Druadic,
I never played a real mechanical bagatelle game, but was fascinated with these games that you so carefully constructed. I found that there was indeed a satisfaction that could be achieved by taking the time to use the calibrated plunger properly and become a better nudger, the two things that you have control over in this game. This game is just so beautiful, it is a work of art and must have been an inspiration for pinball artists of the modern era. It has minimalist but exquisite artwork and playfield design. This is just a fun game. Thanks for putting it together.

When I put this on my cab the first time I made it full screen, but found that it looked better to me when I brought it back to a somewhat truer size on the playfield. This fits well for me. I made a pinup popper wheel and backglass which are shown on my picture of the cab. Since a keyboard is used with this game, it made sense to keep enough space in the front of the playfield screen to set it there.

Thanks so much for this game, it's the greatest!

Attachments

• 66 Cab pic.png
    66 Cab pic.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 66 Wheel.png
    66 Wheel.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 66 BG.png
    66 BG.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
love this one really nice, thanks @druadic
You can thank xenonph for the update. I have no computer with Windows installed as my laptop fried last month so I'm out of luck along with my health issues.

I JUST recently got Visual Pinball X6 installed into Linux Mint again.

Xenonph asked me if he could update my tables and I gave him permission and glad he did.

Sorry I've been "out of the loop" for two years really and there have been no releases. It's thanks to my DEAD laptop that made this happen.

I have so many tables to create in VPX and more and more images keep coming. I've got so many folks sending me play field images through Facebook and email. I DOUBT I'll find the time to make all of them.

Anyway thank xenonph for all the updates with the pink color removal and some kind of key binding. He's the one that updated everything.

THANK YOU XENONPH from me.

Last edited:
Druadic,
I never played a real mechanical bagatelle game, but was fascinated with these games that you so carefully constructed. I found that there was indeed a satisfaction that could be achieved by taking the time to use the calibrated plunger properly and become a better nudger, the two things that you have control over in this game. This game is just so beautiful, it is a work of art and must have been an inspiration for pinball artists of the modern era. It has minimalist but exquisite artwork and playfield design. This is just a fun game. Thanks for putting it together.

When I put this on my cab the first time I made it full screen, but found that it looked better to me when I brought it back to a somewhat truer size on the playfield. This fits well for me. I made a pinup popper wheel and backglass which are shown on my picture of the cab. Since a keyboard is used with this game, it made sense to keep enough space in the front of the playfield screen to set it there.

Thanks so much for this game, it's the greatest!
Glad you like it. I made it back in 2021 I believe but I could be wrong. I haven't made a table in two years or so, so this one is a bit older.

Actually I released this table in 2020 so it's been three years.

Have fun and thanks for the surprise of posting the images. Very nice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back