A little birdie told me....

penguin66

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
I've heard that tiltjlp is having a birthday today. Happy Happy! 8)

Thank you, Penquin. I was hoping no one would notice. It's the best I've had in years, with moving back home after seven years away. Had a nice dinner with friends Sunday evening, and did OK on gifts too. Bought myself a new printer/copier/scanner, and I'll probably wear out the scanner. Also got an electric juicer, which I didn't even know were made, a nice check from my brother and sister-in-law, and a gift card to my favorite grocery. So I guess this year hasn't been so bad. But probably the best thing of all was getting back online. Getting older sure beats the alternative.

John

It sounds like you have had a pretty good birthday. Any birthday on the right side of the grass is ok with me :)

Yeah, it really was nice, especially since I'd been gone form my home town for seven years. The friends I had dinner with Sunday I've known for 45 years, but until I moved back in September, they hadn't met one another. I think it's neat that they hit it off, and so now we all get toghether regularly.

Maybe the best present I got today was that I started taking Celebrex for my arthritis, and it seems to be helping some. I had to stop taking Vioxx when it was found that it was killing some folks, and my level of pain really shot up. Getting older doesn't bother me, as long as I can keep writing, and keep making bagatelle I'll be happy. Now if only I could lose about 150 pounds.

John :oldman

Happy birthday, old dude. :D

glad to hear that you had a very pleasant day

Thanks Posty. Something tells me your not a Spring chicken yourself.

Happy birthday John, I'm glad things are looking up. :sunny:

... and you'll be getting more stuff at Christmas too :xmas:

Yes, Happy Birthday. Me, I dread birthdays now (after hitting 30 less than 2 months ago). From another thread, it sounded to me like you could have used a larger monitor more than a printer/scanner (I rarely use my printer or scanner, but a 19" monitor ($220 at Circuit City 2 years ago with rebate) was a huge improvement for me).

Happy birthday John. Nice one on the pressies, and even better for the company.

Hope your Christmas is full as well. It's a bit of a bugger having your birthday and Christmas so close together.

Hope that Celebrex helps you. I know a few people here that swear by it. Unfortunately it did nothing for me.

I too was on Vioxx for a while too. No luck there either. I told my mum about it and she tried it out for a while as well. Had to tell her last week about the side effects and to make sure she'd stop using it and tossed it out. She had thankfully.

A little bit late - but Happy Birthday John. Promise to be early next year!

.... and as a special treat, I am currently toasting your happy event with 'Stella'.

Stella Artois that is!!! Hic.

Thanks again folks, and yes Dude, a new monitor is next on my list, but a printer is critical for a writer. But it's the scanner I'll get the most use from. And growing up with a birthday so close to Christmas stunk, everyone used to give me one present for both occasions, and saved themselves some money.

As for Christmas presents, there won't be many, but I did get a nice check from my brother, which bought me the printer. I always buy more stuff for myeslf and others than I get, but that's fine and dandy. Material things either clutter up the place or wear out, the friendships I've had for 45 years are by far the best presents I'll ever receive, and they're year round. Plus the cyber friendship with all of you are better than real presents, but there's still time if anyone wants to send me something. :p The only real present I would like, which won't happen, is real peace in the world.

Well, my friend decided I needed a good laugh after turning a year older, and sent me this poem, which someone had sent her.

HOW TRUE IT IS

Another year has passed
and we're all a little older.
Last summer felt hotter
and winter seems much colder.

There was a time not long ago
when life was quite a blast.
Now I fully understand
about "Living in the Past"

We used to go to weddings,
football games and lunches.
Now we go to funeral homes,
and after-funeral brunches.

We used to have hangovers,
from parties that were gay.
Now we suffer body aches
and while the night away.

We used to go out dining,
and couldn't get our fill.
Now we ask for doggie bags,
come home and take a pill.

We used to often travel
to places near and far.
Now we get sore asses
from riding in the car.

We used to go to nightclubs
and drink a little booze.
Now we stay home at night
and watch the evening news.

That, my friend is how life is,
and now my tale is told.
So, enjoy each day and live it up...
before you're too damned old!

John

Yeah, I was supposed to be born around Dec. 20 or so but I KNEW I'd get doublegifted, so I decided I was going to make sure that didn't happen and so I was born near the end of October instead, like 7 weeks premature. I think I weighed like 2 lbs or something. I'm now 6'2" and was always taller than most people my age, so I guess it didn't stunt my growth any. :D

That's interesting Dude. I was on time, but only weighed 5 lbs 5 oz, but by the time I was five I was overweight, and have weighed as much as 385. I'm only 5' 7", so I figure I'd need a late life growth spurt to about 12' to even thing out.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back