VPX Support File BAM A new simple frontend for Visual and Future Pinball

have to have a look at this shortly. Sometimes, the simple way is the best way.

Thank you very much, this looks pretty awesome, especially for people who have problems with the other frontends because they are just too complicated to use. Great job.

Interesting. I'll have to check this out and thank you for your work!

I create a simple front end for visal and future pinball. Beta version at this time but fully functional.
http://www.socket2000.com/index.asp?id=108

Mi piace!
Sarebbe possibile aggiungere un altro paio di slot per l'exe di Visual Pinball e la cartella Tables nel menu Setup?
Capturez.PNG
Quindi potresti avere uno slot per VP8.exe e uno slot per la cartella VP8 Tables.
Nello slot successivo è possibile aggiungere VP9.exe e un altro slot per la cartella VP9 Tables.
Successivamente uno slot per VPX.exe e un altro slot per la cartella VPX Tables.

Ottimo lavoro su questo!!

I like it!
Would it be possible to add a couple more slots for the Visual Pinball exe and Tables folder in the Setup menu?
Capturez.PNG
So you could have one slot for VP8.exe and one slot for the VP8 Tables folder.
Next slot you could add VP9.exe and another slot for VP9 Tables folder.
Next a slot for VPX.exe and another slot for VPX Tables folder.

Great job on this!!

I need to FE to launch a .bat file instead of .exe
I need multiple paths and every single path to be recursive.

But even if I configure my tables path and use an .exe it keeps asking me if I've done the setup.

Here's my ini file (ignore the .bat because teh problems is the same with the exe.
Exe=C:\Emus\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLauncher.bat
Tables=Z:\Emulation\Pinball Extracted\FP\
[Prog_1]
Exe=C:\Emus\Visual Pinball\VPX.bat
Tables=C:\Emus\Visual Pinball\tables\VP\
[General]
LastProg=0
LastTable=
LastX=100
LastY=100
LastW=769
LastH=426

Inside the pinball extracted\FP\ there are several subfolders which leads me to think that the paths are not recursive.

Actually, if i use the FP default path the tables there are seen.

So I'd like to ask support for self contained tables but the default paths should be read automatically. Including inside BAM folders.

I need to FE to launch a .bat file instead of .exe
I need multiple paths and every single path to be recursive.

But even if I configure my tables path and use an .exe it keeps asking me if I've done the setup.

Here's my ini file (ignore the .bat because teh problems is the same with the exe.

Inside the pinball extracted\FP\ there are several subfolders which leads me to think that the paths are not recursive.

Actually, if i use the FP default path the tables there are seen.

So I'd like to ask support for self contained tables but the default paths should be read automatically. Including inside BAM folders.

Actually the program look only in directory inserted in setup but not in his subfolder, i will fixup it. The .bat file must call executables with correct parameters like %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 an so. rogram tables must be .vpt for visual pinball or .fpt for future pinball.

I like it!
Would it be possible to add a couple more slots for the Visual Pinball exe and Tables folder in the Setup menu?
View attachment 34979
So you could have one slot for VP8.exe and one slot for the VP8 Tables folder.
Next slot you could add VP9.exe and another slot for VP9 Tables folder.
Next a slot for VPX.exe and another slot for VPX Tables folder.

Great job on this!!

Yes it is possible and i will add it in future release.

have to have a look at this shortly. Sometimes, the simple way is the best way.

Thank you very much, this looks pretty awesome, especially for people who have problems with the other frontends because they are just too complicated to use. Great job.

Yes keep it simple is my mission :-)
I like to play nor setupping frontends!

I like the ideia of the frontend.
Simple is great.

Problems for me so far:
1 - screenshots are not being generated/created/saved/shown (don't know exactly which is the best alternative);
2 - in VPX, I have tables in sub-sub-subfolders, and none of them are being shown.

But so far, so good...

Edit to include INI file content... Here it goes...

[Prog_0]
Exe=F:\FP-BAM\BAM\FPLoader.exe
Tables=F:\FP-BAM\Tables\
[Prog_1]
Exe=F:\Visual Pinball\VPinballX.exe
Tables=F:\Visual Pinball\Tables\
[General]
LastProg=0
LastTable=ACDC ULTIMATE 1.02.fpt
LastX=-8
LastY=-8
LastW=1936
LastH=1048

I like the ideia of the frontend.
Simple is great.

Problems for me so far:
1 - screenshots are not being generated/created/saved/shown (don't know exactly which is the best alternative);
2 - in VPX, I have tables in sub-sub-subfolders, and none of them are being shown.

But so far, so good...

Edit to include INI file content... Here it goes...

[Prog_0]
Exe=F:\FP-BAM\BAM\FPLoader.exe
Tables=F:\FP-BAM\Tables\
[Prog_1]
Exe=F:\Visual Pinball\VPinballX.exe
Tables=F:\Visual Pinball\Tables\
[General]
LastProg=0
LastTable=ACDC ULTIMATE 1.02.fpt
LastX=-8
LastY=-8
LastW=1936
LastH=1048

Are you using program in Administrator mode? Do you effectively screenshoot video (use STAMP key for example)
subfolders will be added soon
Actually there is new implementation of Visual Pinball X. Download page are upgraded.

New version 1.2b with subdirectories (1 level) supported.
Found problem with Future Pinball screenshoot, will investigate.

Thank you.

Are you using program in Administrator mode? Do you effectively screenshoot video (use STAMP key for example)
subfolders will be added soon
Actually there is new implementation of Visual Pinball X. Download page are upgraded.
No. Do I have to reintall it or can I just run the EXE in administrator mode?
No. What a noob I am. I thought it automatically generated a screenshot.
Gonna give it a go, the 1.2b.
Thanks and great job!

No. Do I have to reintall it or can I just run the EXE in administrator mode?
No. What a noob I am. I thought it automatically generated a screenshot.
Gonna give it a go, the 1.2b.
Thanks and great job!
Just run in administrator mode.

Added some prefixes so it's searchable.

Keep it simple is nice philosophy and one that say this is a good FE for me.

I can confirm 1 level subfolder search is working fine.

I'm having a problem with batch files though. You see, I use the batch files to enable/disable some stuff before launching an emulator and making sure future pinball.exe tasks are killed on exiting a table... and that is not quite working.

my vpx.bat
@echo off
"C:\Tools\USBDeview\USBDeview.exe" /runasadmin /disable "USB Composite Device"

"C:\Emus\Visual Pinball\VPinballX_10.7.2-366" /PLAY %1

"C:\Tools\USBDeview\USBDeview.exe" /runasadmin /enable "USB Composite Device"

and the error get calling it.
1670192210248.png

Keep it simple is nice philosophy and one that say this is a good FE for me.

I can confirm 1 level subfolder search is working fine.

I'm having a problem with batch files though. You see, I use the batch files to enable/disable some stuff before launching an emulator and making sure future pinball.exe tasks are killed on exiting a table... and that is not quite working.

my vpx.bat

and the error get calling it.
View attachment 35002

Code:
@echo off
"C:\Tools\USBDeview\USBDeview.exe" /runasadmin /disable  "USB Composite Device"
"C:\Emus\FPROCKET.EXE"
"C:\Tools\USBDeview\USBDeview.exe" /runasadmin /enable  "USB Composite Device"

Fprocket kill Future Pinball executable every times you play and exit a table so you can use fprocket and reactivate USB device only when fprocket will be closed.

Last edited:
@Jeebo
I was right, this is a FE for me. Simple list, no install needed, i do have to check how the screenshots work still, though. Might be handy if the kids want to play a table and they can choose by looking at it instead of name of the table.

But for me, it now misses 2 things only:

- We should have to executable paths and maybe a radio button for each emulator because VR
-- so FP would have a path for normal play when we call regular BAM fploader.exe and an alternate .exe for VR fploader.exe a radio button to select the default would be more than enough to choose the desired .exe to use before a table launch (and same for vpx ( i don't use anything before vpx but i assume it'll benefit from VR launch as well?)

- the most important one: an icon to go with the .exe :p

/edit
Regarding VPX screenshots, there's actually 1 problem for those who have more than 1 monitor and MAYBE, also for those with one but that play in fullscreen (I mean rotated monitor, not drivers screen rotation).

I use a 2nd monitor for b2s AND overlay the DMDExt output on top of it. The screenshot looks like this:

1670253835148.png

Not sure if it is even possible to have the table in portrait mode and remove the DMD but it's a suggestion.

Last edited:
Actually i added the panic button (ALT+W) useful in "dangerous" situations. v1.22b

Tried 1.22b quickly.
I don't run fprocket as administrator but still works and alt+w panic exit exits everything at once just fine. Although I would not know why it may be needed unless I played at work :D

I see you added new indicator text as we scroll the table list. I would choose something with more contrasting colours.. yellow is not the best when background is white even with red "shadow" which "bleeds". Not a very good combo for my eyes at least.
In any case the bigger letters read better than the list (again, my eyes :D ) so it's a welcome addition to the FE.

Tried 1.22b quickly.
I don't run fprocket as administrator but still works and alt+w panic exit exits everything at once just fine. Although I would not know why it may be needed unless I played at work :D

:-)

I see you added new indicator text as we scroll the table list. I would choose something with more contrasting colours.. yellow is not the best when background is white even with red "shadow" which "bleeds". Not a very good combo for my eyes at least.
In any case the bigger letters read better than the list (again, my eyes :D ) so it's a welcome addition to the FE.

Next i will include the color change. After running you will see a TTF font in fprocket directory. You can change it with your preferred TTF font (with same name)

I noticed the .ttf file and actually though about trying others but since I like the font i couldn't be bothered doing it.
I'm just happy I can see all the tables on both emus by calling just one program that now actaully avoids me killing it and load again before loading a new table.

AWESOME.
Thanks for implementing that.

I did not test the screenshots function on this version. I don't know if something changed or if the FP screens issue is corrected.

Personally I don't need them but it sure is a nice to have to discover new tables you don't know about before launch. With this in mind, I hope the problems I mentioned before can be addressed (I'm aware that technically speaking it might not be possible to do so).

Version update 2.0.3

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back