A tough challenge for everyone

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
I just added four new questions to Pinball Nirvana's V-Quiz, which can be found on the left side of both the Front Page and the Forums. The last set of three questions must have been a little bit easy, since there were more right than wrong answers, and one of the ?'s was aced. But this time I think I've risen to the challenge. I'm a nice guy, so one of them is a Gift, and two of the others you'll get if you're up on your pins. But that last question should stump just about everyone. Now sure, you can cheat and research the ?s through IPDB, but why even try if you're going to peek at the answers, right?

Now, after you've taken part in the V-Quiz, you might want to take a look at our Tutorials and Support Files download section, where a number of demos have been added recently. Or check out our Gallery, now with Mini Pins, and a lot more interesting Internet finds. And if you're a fan of non[pinball games, check out our Arcade and Video Games. We now have 275 or so tables, games, and tutorials of nearly every sort.

John

One for you John,

In which of the new quizzes did you incorrectly spell the names of 2 of the 4 tables?

With as many typos as I create, I'm surprised it's only one of the quizzes. Now to see if I can do a search and correct. And did you really know all 4 answers on your own, Bendigo? If so, I'm stunned beyond words.

John

I have a book with three of the answers

The answers can be found any number of places, Posty, the idea is to see how many of them you know without having to look the answers up. Which one wasn't in the book? Now, if I were taking the quiz, I'd simply quess my best, rather than hunt for the right responses.

John

nah, I didn't know a single answer, but it was fun searching IPDB looking for the answers and looking at the pics of all the tables mentioned.

That's really why I do the V-Quiz, so folks will look up the answers and learn a bit more about these older pins. I enjoy doing all the research trying to come up with questions to stump everyone with. And I even play fair, every possible answer is a real table, not just a made up name I pull out of a hat.

John

I haven't tried the quiz, but I probably wouldn't know any of the answers anyway :) John, while you were AWOL, there was a game thread at VPF, in this game you posted a picture and then people would try to guess what it was. I liked this game, because it's the only quiz/game that can be played where you can't google/search for the answer. Maybe you could try a form of this game, I'm not sure how you'd do it, checking for the correct answer, but you get the idea.

Here's the guess the picture thread from VPF...

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30376&highlight=guess+the+picture

Yeah, I ran across that thread when I got back online, and thought it was cool. I'm too busy and not imaginative enough to start something like that, but feel free to get the ball rolling. Another one that might be fun would be for one of you fellows that seem to know every joke there ever was to post part of the joke, and then someone can either add to it, or guess at the punchline.

Another one we did while in highschool back in the dark ages using a tape recorder, was to start a story, and just as it was getting good, pass it on to the next person. The story couldn't end until it got back around to the person who started it. Or maybe post a punchline and everyone writes their own joke for it. Any kind of game anyone dreams up is fine, and we can have both a tame version and a wilder version in the Friggin' Freak House or whatever it's called.

John

I meant using photos with your pinball quiz/questions... The only problem would be that you couldn't have it be a multiple choice answer, then you can't google the question or answer.

Name this pin, and how many unusual features can you find on this pic?

Attachments

• 97_3.jpg
    97_3.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 397
bob said:
I meant using photos with your pinball quiz/questions... The only problem would be that you couldn't have it be a multiple choice answer, then you can't google the question or answer.

Good idea Bob, except that the V-Quiz is text based only. Bendigo has posted a mystery table, which so far I haven't figured out the identity of, but Iwill keep trying.

Posty, Cloverleaf is available here, and was done by Druadic, but not the payout version. And Cover girl looks cool, too bad there aren't better images of the playfield, or even better, the entire playing surface and top of the cabinet.

John

thanks T, I was going to check (about cloverleaf)

I am starting to apreciate these tables, but as I have just bought 'Cirqus Voltaire' all other machines seem obsolete :s

Posty, you should have bought a 1953 Wms Struggle Buggies if you could find one. A truely unique and utterly challenging game that I first played the Spring of '54. Only the second table I ever played, the first was Wms Hayburner, which I had played practically daily for over three years. After playing Struggle Buggies, I never played Hayburners again. And Struggle Buggies is still my favorite of all VP recreations. Just like with folks, oldie pins are the best.

John

Tiltjlp, from dealers the only pinball machines they stock are DMD's
They pretty much wont touch any thing earlier than 1990

But I would like something flipperless to have in the house, I do like kitch around the house, I have a parlor organ (family heirloom, still has the reciept) clockwork trains, fossilised fish (almost as old as you Tiltjlp :p )
Even a trade simulator like the clown one you emulated would be cool to have somewhere
Probably antique store would be the best bet for that sort of stuff

TheManFromPOST said:
Tiltjlp, from dealers the only pinball machines they stock are DMD's
They pretty much wont touch any thing earlier than 1990

But I would like something flipperless to have in the house, I do like kitch around the house, I have a parlor organ (family heirloom, still has the reciept) clockwork trains, fossilised fish (almost as old as you Tiltjlp :p ) Even a trade simulator like the clown one you emulated would be cool to have somewhere. Probably antique store would be the best bet for that sort of stuff

A fossilized fish almost as old as me? With this dang arthritis, I know how it feels. And it's amazing where old curiousities turn up. There used to be a lot of flea markets around here, and it was fun looking for odd ball items.

John :oldman

bendigo, your puzzle is fun
having to search through the database is making me find somany unusual machines
though most machines of the time had ladies in elegant atire
give me another 24 hours and then I am going to ask for a clue

Do you want a big clue or a little clue?...... OK, It's NOT made by Gottlieb....in 1950-1959....

OK, no response for a couple of days, so I'll give some more clues.

It was made by Williams in 1953

It's 9 Sisters. Weird looking table, any plans on making it Bendigo?
So here's a really old and obscure one. Company only made 3 games. Top of game's cropped to hide name of game.

John :oldman

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 405
Too easy John,

That's ***p B*** built in 19*2 by **cc*ss **m**... (don't want to make it too easy for the others)

I am considering making 9 sisters, but it is not a priority at this stage.

Well, I see I'm going to have to really look hard to find one that will stump you, Bendigo. My next one won't be found on the IPDB. I'm really impressed, no matter how you figured it out. Here's one that should be a bit tougher.

John

Attachments

• mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 383
At a quick guess I would have to say that it looks like it might be made by Standard Amusement Co.

Would it be "The Greyhound Twins"?

Next.....

P.S. It would have been a bit harder if you had removed the name from the pic...

That's what lousy eyesight will do to you. I didn't realize the name was on the game. Oh well, I'll have to look high and low for my next one.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has started a new thread called "Beers..." in The Playfield.
      Back