VP8 Bally EM Recreation Aladdin's Castle (Bally 1976) v1.2W

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

Greywolf

Perfectionist Bastard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
the one that goes 'ding'
This is an update from 1.0 to 1.1 (see Downloads:Unusual Flipper Treatments)

I still can't figure out how to do a decent backglass representation, so I'm going
with what I know...

Changes include:
* active targets
* remapped bumpers
* scoring/credit reels are transparent, with
* backglass redone to have things that look like reels
* All unnecessary images have been dropped from the table
* plastics lowered to 43/41
* compound posts lowered to 40
* upper arch plastics redone (thank you again, xtremediver!)
* 1 UP and 2 UP lights have accent/stencil overlays

As usual, there are problems with the overlays on the backglass - textboxes, decals, and reels never seem to go where I want them. Here's what I'm working with:

ATI Radeon something (Diamond Stealth S60), a 32MB 2D-accel card running at
1280x1024 (LCD). I'm doing all my table layouts at 1280x960 (4x3). Nothing ever stays where I put it when I go work on another computer.

Again, to point out, this is why my tables are unlocked. Move whatever it is that you need to in order to make it look right.

The only other thing I really need to do to this puppy is to work with a fresh playfield image (which will happen in due time), and then my work on this will be done.

New emCORE/Ballycams have been released (even if only one gets modified, I don't release them separately -- they're a library): 3.212/2.6. This release does not NEED the update, and the update will not break anything, so either way.

ONWARD AND UPWARD! WATCH THIS POST FOR UPDATE INFORMATION!

Note:

Give this table approximately 24 to 48 hours from the above posting for it to appear where I have said it would...

Aladdin's Castle 1.2W is up and available at IRPinball [my first ever release of anything being part of a team! Woot!].

I think I've got all the graphics and placements pretty well down, although I may release an update to the script at some point.

I tried doing a ball-based tilter but didn't have much luck with it; that's about the only thing that would make me want to do a 1.3W.

[Note for those following table versions for purposes of indexing: I will always trail mine with a 'W' [for "Wolf", duh!], so you can easily distinguish an EM that I do from one that PacDude does ]

Anyway, get it here
...or here.

Be sure to download the BallyCams/emCORE from there and install them into your Scripts directory.

If any of you are into seeing what BallyCams/emCORE are about, docs are included.

This table in its current state would not be possible if not for the help of XTremeDiver in the provisions of source material (photos of backglass and STRIPPED TABLE! WOW!, and scans of plastics) and notes taken during gameplay documenting how the game behaves. This one's for you, Diver!

lachen.gif

That's a classic, Greywolf.

I am so glad you are using the W code on your filenames as I was always getting PacDudes EM's mixed up with other peoples.

BTW, great job on the first collaboration with IR-P

Aladdin's Castle v1.4W is now up at IRP.

Enjoy!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back