all the new posts are swamping my email!!

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
Help me! every day all, and I mean ALL the new posts are always showing up in my email address. every day I log on and cancel the subscription for them but they keep on coming in! It's killing my email with up to 20 per day! How can i stop this permanently!! nothing i do seems to eradicate this snafu. I;'m guessing it's a bug within PN. I'd hate to add this addy as a spam ware site within my windows 'tools' but if nothing else works that is what I'll have to do.
can anyone help please?

Upvote 0
Click "User CP", then "Edit Options" from the Control Panel menu. In the "Messaging & Notification" section, change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" "Do not subscribe".

whew! i hope that works! why again would it do that? it never started till this past week, I never allowed it before and all of a sudden wham 8 in one day I had 19 yesterday! Well I'll know tomorrow, thanks!! yer a true lifesaver...have a beer/coffee/ milk on me!

Not sure why it would have done it suddenly... I know the new account default is to send notifications, it was driving me nuts too when I first signed up.

Easy solution, maybe you shouldn't talk so much then ;)

oh it wasn't MY new posts, but EVERYONES! I got em all! that's why it drove my nuts!

and ya' know I'm still getting some of them anyhow! so i went BACK into it today and (again) unsubscribed, hopefully, eventually, it'll remember...

I'm guessing it stopped subscribing you to new threads but the existing ones were still active. Unsubscribe from them on the main Control Panel page if you haven't do so already...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back