Alot of the released tables...

wangho

Pinball Player
Reaction score
am I right in assuming alot of the tables released have alot of bugs?? Ive run into a number that have missing bumpers and a lot of the pinballs seem to get hung up on ramps and tunnels. More often than not, there's something screwy going on with tables. The most perfect table I've run into so far has got to be the Elvira table. Fantastic piece of work that one is!

Solution
Use VP8.1, unless a table is specifically created for or modded for VP9 those bugs will occur. Tables created with VP8.1 or earlier will run without issue using VP8.1
Which version of VP are you running? In VP9 the ball is slightly larger than previous versions, so it will get hung up in some areas on tables designed for VP8 or older.

As a side note, none of the table authors are professionals, they're just hobbyists. With that in mind, the job they do is nothing short of outstanding. I read in a different thread that you downloaded a lot of your tables from a torrent... While that's a quick way to get tables, it's also a great way to get a lot of out of date tables. The longer that VP has been around, the more people have been able to learn and apply new techniques to make their tables more realistic.

Use VP8.1, unless a table is specifically created for or modded for VP9 those bugs will occur. Tables created with VP8.1 or earlier will run without issue using VP8.1

Solution
After downloading ALOT more tables, especially the newer ones, there are far more tables that's on the same quality level of the Elvira table by JSalas. I had tried out Pinmame years ago when tables were still new and crude and I'm just shocked at the excellence and personality of the tables being created. They've gotten very atmospheric and the light effects are out of this world. All you guys making these tables are doing tremendous work I gotta tell you

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back