Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
xenonph submitted a new resource:

Amazing Spider-Man (Gottlieb, 1980) Sound MOD - Sound MOD of Gtxjoe's great table!!

Amazing Spider-Man (Gottlieb, 1980) Sound MOD v2.0
IPD No. 2285

A graphics and sound Mod of gtxjoes VPX table.
I want to thank gtxjoe for allowing mods without permission.(Big thanks Sir!!)
I also want to thank him for making an incredible table!!
Check the original table for more info. I'm sure alot of time and effort went into making this table, and it is deeply appreciated, so all credit should be directed gtxjoe's way.
Original...

Read more about this resource...

Dang, what an amazing backglass upgrade! oO

ive downloaded twice and both times the file is corrupted anyone else have this?
3rd time lucky!!, looks ace - thanks

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks for this update!!

I'm having a problem running this table. I am getting an error:

"Machine 'spiderm7' (Amazing Spider-Man, The (7-digit conversion) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file!"

I've downloaded the file twice and moved it into place, without any difference. I'm running VPX10.7

I appreciate any help!

Solved! This table needs two roms... spidermn.zip, and spidermn7.zip.

Actually this table can be ran with just the 7 digit rom. spidermn7.zip
I just deleted my spidermn.zip, and the nvram file and table still worked.

I just tried the same, and was immediately brought back to the same error I reported. For me, the game just won't run without that second ROM. WEIRD!

Well I think I will link will link both roms just in case.

I put the ROM back and the table was restored to operation. BTW, I created table and loading audio that is taken from the original TV show

What version of VPinMAME are you running? I am running a beta 3.6 version

3.5 here
I added link to both roms.
Thanks for the info!!

What is the difference then?
"The modded music in sound manager was toggled to play through table.
Now it is toggled to play through Backglass."
What is the difference where the sound is played through?

When music is played through Table, it is played through all speakers.
When played through Backglass it only comes out backglass speakers.
Someone complained, and that is when I noticed they were all set to play through table.
Capture.PNG

I don't have any other speakers than the BG ones but the sound is fine with me...will I see any improvement (more sounds?!?) if I update this and the Buck Rogers one or am I fine to stay as-is? thanks!

I think this will only effect cabinet users. Possibly only those with surround sound?
All I know, is I have been taught to toggle all sounds I add to tables sound manager, through the backglass.

I play using a cabinet but with just the 2 speakers on the BG and no SSF or surround sound. So I'm ...."guessing" nothing for me to do?!!?

You could just open the sound manager, and select all sound fx I added, and toggle them to play through backglass if needed.
And test table.
No need to download new version.

I have no idea on how/what to do regarding what you just replied with so I don't know if I need to do anything at this point...

It is as simple as opening the table in the editor, clicking Table tab at top of editor, then click Sound Manager.
This will bring up new window showing all sounds added to table.
All the sounds I added start with a zero in the name, so they are all at top of list.
You would highlight the sounds you want to change, and then click Toggle to Backglass tab on right side of Sound Manager window.
It will say which output is selected.
Capture.PNG

But like you say, you probably won't notice.
But only one way to see, and that is to try it out.

It is as simple as opening the table in the editor, clicking Table tab at top of editor, then click Sound Manager.
This will bring up new window showing all sounds added to table.
All the sounds I added start with a zero in the name, so they are all at top of list.
You would highlight the sounds you want to change, and then click Toggle to Backglass tab on right side of Sound Manager window.
It will say which output is selected.
View attachment 25072

But like you say, you probably won't notice.
But only one way to see, and that is to try it out.
Now I'm confused. D/L the 'new' version? OR - check the current table to see where it has the sound coming out?
I just dont' understand what new/different sounds I would expect to hear?!

What is the difference then?
"The modded music in sound manager was toggled to play through table.
Now it is toggled to play through Backglass."
What is the difference where the sound is played through?

You wanted to know the difference.
I told you the difference. There are no new sounds.
The new update has the sounds I added toggled through backglass now instead of table.
If you want to see if it makes a difference on your end, without downloading the new updated table, then you would go to Sound Manager in the old table that you currently have, and would change the sounds I added to be toggled through backglass, instead of table, as explained above.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back