StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
TMNT
Animated avatars or avitars (for Bob), do you find them annoying?

Well I like 'em.

I loathe them with a passion

As you know from chat Steve, I find them extemely irritating, and if it had been my decision, and if it could have been done, I would have disabled animated avatars. But since they are enabled, I don't think it would be right to disable them now, even if it's possible. Why should I dictate what anyone else does? I even have a very good and serious reason why I am so much against them, but again, I'm just one person. Anyone who makes a change will have my gratitude, but please don't feel you have to change on my account.

Now, I wonder if Admin can vote more than once? And yes, I'm joking, I would never vote more than once. At least not unless it was a binding vote. :p I hope y'all know me better than that. Anyway Steve, thanks for the poll.

John

I like all of them except for the fast spinning head that Leo Wanker use to use, that thing could have caused a seizure :shock:

Thank's for the poll StevOz, I voted that I like them! :dmage:

I had an animated avatar 2 day's ago and look at them as improvements to normal pictures. You asked my opinion and I'm trying to replace Bob as the minister of smilies or whatever the title is..

(Bob, can I be the called "Sir Smilie" or the "mayor of smilieville"? :glasses3:
My credentials: I have over 2,000 smilies on my hd, had over 1,400 for these forums but had to trim it down to 700 (pained me) because IE crashed on the smilie page..)

Back on topic! I understand tiltjlp's point of view if it's a case of being visually impaired, but animated avatars are here to stay..........
mopedsmile:

That's the reason, Jon

And it's Rodgz who's the Guru of Smilies, Bob's more of the Joke Master. I'm not a big fan of smilies either, but I am amazed with the seemingly endless variety there is. Blue why are so many of them blue? Yellow seems to stand out so much more. I do wish my Old Man smilie was one of the main choices, though.

John

JonPurpleHaze said:
You asked my opinion and I'm trying to replace Bob as the minister of smilies or whatever the title is..

(Bob, can I be the called "Sir Smilie" or the "mayor of smilieville"? :glasses3:
My credentials: I have over 2,000 smilies on my hd, had over 1,400 for these forums but had to trim it down to 700 (pained me) because IE crashed on the smilie page..)

Jon, you have me confused with Rodgz, he is the self appointed Minister of Smilies at VPFF. I actually use to hate smilies and would never use them, I often said, Using a smilie doesn't make it a joke and visa versa, not using a smilie doesn't mean it wasn't a joke. But I since have learned. . . . When in Rome. . . . use smilies :D It just makes life easier

I do appreciate you (the Admin) asking my permission though, to do something on your own site. Why didn't Kinsey ever think of doing that?

Ooooopppsss,

Sorry Bob for the misidentification! At least "Rodgz" and "Bob" both have 'o''s in the name....

I think the smilies ganged up on me when I was sleeping and clouded my mind.... :tongue8:

John, I'll see what I can do about the old man smilie!

A Major Tahnk You To Steve

Last night in our chat room, Steve explained how to disable animated avatars, which for a variety of health reasons are very irritating to me, and could even cause a dangerous reaction. So now I can enjoy all the creative avatars in peace.

Thanks again, Steve :p

John

For the other one who voted no they annoy me, if you use IE, I'm sure other browsers have similar options, try this if you wish to disable them.

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Multimedia>Play animations in web pages (untick).

Minister of Smilies

I just appointed myself Minister if Smilies at VPFF because I was the only one using the Smilie T-Shirt and no one else had the position. As I viewed it, the job had no duties, no responsibilities and no perqs. I'd gladly turn the position over to Bob if he would like to have it.

rodgz
Whdatk.gif

First it was the wood to chop at VPFF, now its the weeds here. I should never have enlisted. That darned Mack1.

What weeds?

Shame you you Rodgz! I think our lawn care staff of Wrench and Mitch are doing a splendid job. It would help though, if you didn't leave your dang smilies off over the place. At least Jon put his away nice and neat.

John

it's better if i kept my icons unanimated.. just hog up bandwidth on my behalf on every post i put with big animated icons...

does anyone really want to see animated lion whos head is shaped like a wrench, though? that's what i'd ask you...

No

Just animated messages.

Attachments

• babysmall_411.gif
    babysmall_411.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 785
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back