Another flipperless project

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Well, since several of my other WIP are being held captive by folks helping me out, here is one that might be easy enough for me to complete by myself. This is a 1934 Lindstrom bagatelle, although the theme was done by lots of companies, mostly but not all of them as flipperless. I chose this version partly because it shows the age and wear of the table, rather than looking brand new. I still have some table work to do before I try coding it, but with a bit of luck, I might actually finish it. SS below.

John :oldman

I see all 52 cards, but there are 4 extra holes on the ouside... What are they for?

Sorry Bob, I wasn't ignoring you, somehow I missed your post. One of the extra holes is the Joker, worth 1000 pints, and the other three are Free Play/Return holes. I've never seen much sense in those, I'd rather just get a score and move on to the next ball. I have everything working now, all I have to do is code the scoring of each hole, and place the pins, and there are a ton of those. Not hard, just time consuming.

John :oldman

I had the idea to developp this table a few mounthes ago, but i Do not know the game rules. Not a lot of work to program it if you give me the rules. :D

Attachments

• pokerball.jpg
    pokerball.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 764
Well Partick, as for as rules, since it's a bagatelle, I doubt if there really are any actual rules. What I'm doing is using ten balls, which the majority of bagatelle were, and tracking the score, and possibly even the high score, which of course didn't happen with bagatelle.

All I still have left to do it to add a scoring display and add a few sounds. If you still want to do your own version, which isn't a problem, there was a Pinball Machine version of this exact theme, which I might be able to find for you. About the only rules enhancement that would make sense would be bonus points for full houses, straights, and flushes. But since I'm trying to make this as realistic as possible, I won't be adding that.

That's one reason I do bagatelle most of the time, since there are usually no complicated rules. If you're interested, I have Poosh Up Rodeo which has four different scoring systems, and is a bit beyond my skill, which I could send to you. Rodeo is one of the first games I played as a boy, and really want to see it finished.

John

Yes, send me the 4 scoring systems of Poosh up rodeo. I will code this table soon.
I have found 2 sites with nice playfields of bagatelles: toytent.com and
nwmangum.com/Bagatelles/

Attachments

• rodeo_804.jpg
    rodeo_804.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 750
  • poosh-m-up_rodeo_bagatelle.jpg
    poosh-m-up_rodeo_bagatelle.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 744
This eBay item was just sold, its called Miss America.
There are a few other shots but not very high quality. Could be of interest to someone.
c1_1_b.JPG

Panda, thanks for the image, the more the merrier. Patrick, do you want the Rodeo table I started, or just the explaination of the scoring systems? Give me a few days or so to write up the rules scheme. Another good site for bagatelle images is Fungus Amongus which might not be the correct spelling.

I also have a good number of other flipperless images. If you run low, let me know, I'm always willing to share, and have about 75 starter tables so far, as well as the images.

John

Give me just the explaination of the scoring systems. Thanks

I'll try my best to PM that to you by mid-week. It'll be interesting to see how many of them you can put into your table.

John

I'm not going to recreate this game myself, so anyone is welcome to use this playfield, I pieced it together from an eBay auction. I could make it cleaner with Photoshop if someone wanted me to.

Attachments

• fullpmu.jpg
    fullpmu.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 718
Thanks Bob. Your playfield is better than mine! I will use it soon.

Thanks for the image Bob, it's the best one I've seen for that game and since Patrick and I are going to be working together on a few tables, it's appreciated by both of us. Patrick, give me a few weeks to get the two tables we're working on together back to you, and then we can do Poosh M Up Electric if you'd like.

The pin/bumpers don't light, but Electric does have lights in at least some of the cups. Hopefully I can explain how Bagatelle work. We can figure each other's wording out somehow.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: LoST57 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back