Upgrade/Project @AtGames Legends Pinball... it was only a matter of time...

shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
Sure didn't take long for someone to figure out how to get his games from VP and FP to run into the new @AtGames Legend Pinball. I've been eyeing this as well, though it could be months before they fill in the orders and ship them out. 600 dollars for this is a steal, even if you have shipping on top of it, and it seems to have decent quality despite the fact it comes from China. FP games shouldn't be a big problem, on their on-line service ArcadeNet, there's a couple of games that might look familiar to everyone...

Anyway, here's that mod

I feel that this is something we in the community should pay attention to. As more and more people buy this or the pinball cabinets from Arcade1Up, Virtual pinball will get more and more popular, and that's good news for us. How many people here are thinking about getting one of the newer mass consumer products? I certainly would like to hear if anyone already has one (including ToyShock and other products). Everyone wants a vPinball Cabinet now days, and considering how much more knowledgeable we all are here about Virtual Pinball Simulations, it will be nice to hear about the various products and how hard/easy it is to use, how the software runs etc.

Because sometimes things get lost within threads, it's easier and better if people want to review or share their experiences with these things to create their own post for it. Because I have gotten interested in this, I will add some posts from time to time as well.

The built-in android system that allows for TPA and soon Zaccaria is certainly ideal since they just work "out of the box", like Arcade 1Up.

As for the cabinet... $600 US = $762 CAD.

Pretty cheap for what you are getting as for as the cabinet hardware goes. What one considers a good value will depend on what you want. If you want a 4K pf, then you will be replacing the main monitor. It also depends on if the size of the cabinet is what you want, since this is more a mid-size cabinet.

That said... with VR getting more popular in FP and VP, this type of cabinet would be ideal to use with that while taking up a small space.

Connections should have been at the back instead of the top... and changing between a separate PC and the internal system isn't quite plug and play.... at least not yet. If each monitor had a direct HDMI / DVI to plug into and that could all be switched on the fly with a button... then that would be perfect.

Not sure how great the solenoids / feedback really is. You most likely would need to buy more hardware / controllers to make it work with VP and FP via DOF.

So it comes down to if you will end up just buying / replacing any of the hardware anyway, if it ends up being a good deal $ wise.

Many people need to realize though.... to be able to play the latest and greatest on VP and FP... you will need to buy a decent PC to connect with this. The online streaming.... well I think most won't end up using it. too much lag,etc to make it worth the bother. A good way to at least check out some tables though.... but also may sadly leave a bad taste for FP and VP if the experience isnt a good one (which could be the case with the POV / layout,etc on the online streaming.

When it comes to VP and FP and a cabinet setup... nothing is going to be "plug and play" like Arcade 1Up... so hopefully people will realize the time they need to invest to make VP and FP work and be able to run all the things they see on cabinets like mine and others (Pup-pack, pupdmd, dof, front-ends,etc).

Sadly, it will also mean more dickheads out there will try to package all FP / VP / PUP / DOF, front-end software with giant table packs, and then try to sell them for this thing.

....oh, and the Tron Legacy animated backglass in that video looks pretty cool too. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah,what I meant about more people coming here. Their looking for help so we should be prepared. FP/Bam is pretty easy to install, especially compared to vpx, we just have to make sure the standard things like run in admin and images off at the editor are known.
They use exciters for the solenoids, though their pf monitor is not html. Reason for the video, the hardware option makes it a bit easier, and as mentioned, there will be upgrades. I'm sure AtGames will come up with their own system they will be happy to sell you soon.
See what happens, and how much AtGames wants our support. I'm sure there's some custom code needed, like for the plunger, so maybe they will give us that. Not sure about this ArcadeNet thing, but being able to play arcade games is nice, especially with that new controller that fits on the cabinet.
We wait....
You have one of these Terry? The Arcade1UP didn't thrill me, seems too expensive for what you get (or don't get)

No, I don't have one (just my own monster cabinet)... but I've seen many video reviews etc about it.

The head dude of AtGames is also in one of our FB groups as well.

Arcade 1Up deals with licensing on top of the cabinet... so there's bound to be extra cost there.

You have those who just want to power on and play... and that's exactly what Arcade 1Up is for.

For the VP and FP guys... this AtGames cabinet is "almost" there. If someone is willing to put in time and effort and maybe a bit more hardware it will do the job for sure for many people.

As for FP and BAM setup guides for a cabinet... my own guide here should cover all the basics and has the "correct" settings that work for all tables, etc. the biggest issue is 95% of people don't have BAM properly setup and have a terrible looking pov,etc. My guide does almost everything for them.

Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends) – VPINBALL.COM

Yeah, but I also am thinking Arcade1Up might have to change a few things with the second gen units as well. The licensing isn't much, they are already available all over the place. (Believe they are the android versions) Smaller cab, no backbox dmd or display, no expandability, lesser monitor, and the games available like Star Wars set are stuff we have been playing for years. 50 dollars difference just seems like a no brainer.

They will do fine, they are available everywhere. I think their saving grace is their dealer network, and if AtGames can produce enough games to meet the demand There also appears to be issues with units being slightly damaged with shipping, I noted in the 5 unboxing reviews that 3 of the units had shipping damage or a minor problem with the leg bolts.

The one thing just announced is there will be a Canadian distributor for AtGames (The Brick) but don't expect to see the game available for quite a while up here. If we can get the unit without the extra shipping costs (about 150 up here), with taxes etc we might be able to buy the legends for under 1000, which is sure a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a custom cabinet or say the Sharpin product.

No, I don't have one (just my own monster cabinet)... but I've seen many video reviews etc about it.

The head dude of AtGames is also in one of our FB groups as well.

Arcade 1Up deals with licensing on top of the cabinet... so there's bound to be extra cost there.

You have those who just want to power on and play... and that's exactly what Arcade 1Up is for.

For the VP and FP guys... this AtGames cabinet is "almost" there. If someone is willing to put in time and effort and maybe a bit more hardware it will do the job for sure for many people.

As for FP and BAM setup guides for a cabinet... my own guide here should cover all the basics and has the "correct" settings that work for all tables, etc. the biggest issue is 95% of people don't have BAM properly setup and have a terrible looking pov,etc. My guide does almost everything for them.

Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends) – VPINBALL.COM

The link is dead. Did you move it anywhere?
I just got myself the atgames legends pinball but want to mod it to work with the newer movie-related tables and such. I just wanted to see if there's a decent guide for it. I dont necessarily care to upgrade the monitor just yet, just to get a pc-like mod to put inside similar to what i did with an a1up cabinet and a retropie from arcadeModUp.

Terry, Thanks again for your help but what kind of PC Specs would you figure are required to run the newest tables on the 1080p monitor of the legends pinball screen? I want to see if I can find a Small form factor NUC-Type PC that i can use just for the pinball games i want to play off it.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back