Bad News

Hanson2

Game Master
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All tables by JP, JP and Groni, Scapino
Quote from http://jpgpins.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Hi everyone!I have bad news for JPG-PINS. JP Salas decided to do no more Pinball Tables for the moment.He wants to wait till VP9 is ready and till he has bought a new Computer, to decide if then he want to do more tables.I don´t like the decision, cause my mind is to still do some VP8 Tables, cause VP9 is in an very early stage, and simply unuseable for serious pinball productions.So i hope that one Day JPG PINS will return to do more Tables for you! This Forum stays opend, and i will be still be in VP Buisness to do table how far as i canGreetings GRONI

www.jpgpins.kilu.de

The finest in Visual Pinball

Quote from JP home page : http://gethome.no/jpsalas/

March 2009VP9 is here. Read more about it at vpforums.org. I now take a break until I have a better computer to work with so I can use this new VP9. Until then enjoy these (more than 60) VP8 based tables

Is VP9 going to improve as Groni suggests? Or is it going to remain was it is today? I didn't get the impression that development of VP was going to continue, as I understand it VP9 is just the UltraCade/GlobalVR/Nanotech code being released back to the community. I think David Foley made it pretty clear that Randy is out of the loop now and that Nanotech plans to focus on Future Pinball, so it would seem to me that VP9 development (and all VP development for that matter) is dead.

See, now I don't know if you read the things at VPF.org (I don't think so). But you could have noticed that we are now at VP9.0.2 and Destruk keeps working on it with other people. That interview might have given a wrong idea. I'll overread that thing again and see if I can get something out of it.

Anyway, development isn't dead.

The McD

EDIT: Gave it a small re-read and my take on it is still that it will be long until Nanotech can move on to FP. Rom emulation for FP will take a ton, and I mean a TON of time to create. We won't be seeing them abandon VP that fast. FP has been called the engine of the future, but we're in the present here. That "future" will be a long time ahead.

Last edited:
See, now I don't know if you read the things at VPF.org (I don't think so).
For reasons that have been beaten to death so I'd rather not rehash, I'm just not comfortable there. I do try to look in occasionally, especially since whether I'm comfortable with it or not that site has apparently become the new official home of the VP program.

But you could have noticed that we are now at VP9.0.2 and Destruk keeps working on it with other people. That interview might have given a wrong idea. I'll overread that thing again and see if I can get something out of it.

Anyway, development isn't dead.

The McD

EDIT: Gave it a small re-read and my take on it is still that it will be long until Nanotech can move on to FP. Rom emulation for FP will take a ton, and I mean a TON of time to create. We won't be seeing them abandon VP that fast. FP has been called the engine of the future, but we're in the present here. That "future" will be a long time ahead.
Not so sure I read that the same way, but of course I'm very much an outsider to the process. I'd guess there's some tweaking and adjusting getting done to VP9 to iron out the bugs, hence the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 releases. However, if FP is the engine of the future for Nanotech, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to continue to develop VP even if FP with ROMS is a long way off. They'd get there faster by working solely on FP I'd think...

My question on Future Pinball is: are they going to improve the physics? I haven't been enamored with the physics of FP and at times they are really frustrating when trying to play a table. I love the graphical looks of the tables on FP and the models look great, just waiting to see if they do any improvements on the physics end.

Whoa, forgot this thread still was there.

Anyway, more news regarding VP9's development: Seemingly Destruk really is "the main man" in the coding and working on VP9, so unless he loses the motivation to keep working on it, I guess he'll keep working.

We wouldn't have gotten VP9 out if we couldn't make it a permanent successor to VP8.

Just my two cents.... wait a minute. WHY do I keep giving out cents? I should collect them and go play some pinball or something!

The McD

We wouldn't have gotten VP9 out if we couldn't make it a permanent successor to VP8.

The McD

You must not nudge. VP9 is to sell Pinwiz controllers. It's currently for cabinets and it's not even an update to VP8, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Whoa, forgot this thread still was there.

Anyway, more news regarding VP9's development: Seemingly Destruk really is "the main man" in the coding and working on VP9, so unless he loses the motivation to keep working on it, I guess he'll keep working.

Just my two cents.... wait a minute. WHY do I keep giving out cents? I should collect them and go play some pinball or something!

The McD

Now just WTF does "Seemingly Destruk really is "the main man" in the coding and working on VP9" mean?

Is he free to update and release new versions of VP as and when he sees fit?

Come on spill the beans, less of the innuendo and bullshit please.

Can he?

I'll be damned if I know! I'm one of the people that's mainly in the dark but can scoop up a small bit of information every once in a while, and then I share it. That was actually pretty much what I know. And that's all I know. You know?

So long story short: I barely have an idea what's going on and try to share what I can, but have problems answering other questions because all I said was all I knew.

The McD

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back